• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rental Car

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
It's FRENCH!

That's all I need to know.

If it's only a rental, try it out and look it over. Carefully.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Lt Columbo drove a Peugeot. Are you considering renting one? In US or on an overseas trip?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I've always liked them... but if you need one worked on there are plenty of good mechanics, in France.

We rented one in the UK once (where they are much more common). Nice car, but essentially new.

Last edited:
OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Seems we're going to northern Italy in May.
Been looking at rentals

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Seems we're going to northern Italy in May.
Been looking at rentals

We last rented a car in Italy way back in 2005 or so... and I think it was a Peugeot too. That was mostly for driving in Tuscany (though picked up at the Venice airport, dropped off at the airport in Pisa).
I may have used AutoEurope, but can't remember; another good company is Kemwel.
We also co-rented a Volvo wagon in 2018 (with friends) in northern Italy. I wasn't involved in the pick-up or drop-off with that one.
Anyway, renting has become a little bit more involved and costly in Italy (due to insurance).
Driving is now a dream with GPS (which I used on my phone); got a SIM card for Italy.

Last edited:

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Anyone familiar with a Peugeot 3008?

Lots of them in my area. Peugeot and Frenchies in general have REALLY improved. For better or worse because of the globalization of the auto industry a lot of the French quirkiness has vanished. At the same time the quality control has significantly improved.

Since you are looking at a rental, I suspect it will be the bottom of the line with most of the little nice options delete. Should still be a nice little car (well big compared to LBCs....)

D

Deleted member 28051

Peugeot is a French car; since the streets in France are narrow, their cars are pretty compact. I have been to France several times, so I know it. The last time I was in Europe, I went to Ukraine. It is a beautiful country with a lot of attractions. I immediately decided to rent a car in Ukraine since it takes so long to get around by public transport. I was surprised that the dealer I went to had a large number of cars in stock. I did not save money and rented a luxury car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Somebody must have been pretty bored to look up old threads

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Somebody must have been pretty bored to look up old threads
You have a lot of Chagall accusing me of being bored.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Chagall-Italy....?:atcomputer:
No, Chagall-French
B2010009-6ABD-4122-86E3-DC90CBE2A65C.jpeg

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
What? No Vepas ? Citreons?

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
How the heck did France come into a a trip to Italy from 2 years ago

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
How the heck did France come into a a trip to Italy from 2 years ago
You asked about a Peugeot car. Those are not made in Italy.