• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Why Do They

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
.....sell shoes with such long laces?
I end up double-tieing mine,& sometimes
end up getting knotted?

.....sell cars with the rear turn signals
in the lower part of the bumper?

....use LED parking lights on new cars?

.....have all four headlights on the new
Ford trucks?

Any I missed?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And why do we get rectangular photos when the lens is round? :rolleye:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
In my state I have to ask why they bother putting turn signals on the car at all - few peolple here use them.

I've maintained that turn signals were an optional expense a lot of folks decided to forego when buying their cars. "We should get the heated seats instead." :smirk:

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
I like the folks on the interstate with the left turn blinker on in the go fast lane doing the speed limit!

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I like how they slam on the brakes and then think of the turn signal. Those double headlights on the Ford are annoying. How about the video screens you can see a mile back in the Chrysler vans? Mine are in the front headrests and you cannot see them out the back. Never have used them. Friend of mine's nephew is a Trooper in Washington State, his favorite ticket is left lane speed limit drivers. When he pulls them over, they mention they were doing the speed limit, so he gives them a second ticket of impeeding traffic.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
.....sell shoes with such long laces?
I end up double-tieing mine,& sometimes
end up getting knotted?

For folks like me who sport God's own snowshoes every day (show size 13eeee). I need me some lace length. :eagerness:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
They're just vague suggestions since if they turn them on, they may or may not do what they just told everyone else anyway

Never trust the blinkie light thingies. Until you see the front wheels commit to the maneuver, be wary.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Never trust the blinkie light thingies. Until you see the front wheels commit to the maneuver, be wary.

Good advice. Many a broadside crash has been caused due to someone coming down the pike with a signal on who doesn't end up actually turning. SOmeone pulls out becuase they "think" the other driver is turning...Boom!

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
People here rarely signal.WHEN they do,they are already turning.
The other ones just use one "flash",when changing lanes.

And then there's the idiots who always have their bright driving lights on -
especially during the daytime.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
People here rarely signal.WHEN they do,they are already turning.
The other ones just use one "flash",when changing lanes.

And then there's the idiots who always have their bright driving lights on -
especially during the daytime.

The other side of the equation (at least from my experience) here in Austin is that when you DO signal a lane change, people will intentionally speed up to block you from doing so.

The most courteous people with regards to actually letting you in to do the lane change are usually the people in the beat up older pickups. Work trucks/vans are the worst about doing their best to box you in and keep you from making your lange change (even if the lane change is moving over to get out of their way - they will invariable whip around you on the right side as soon as you signal your intent to move right).

I will confess to being guilty of not signaling lane changes at times because of this.

Country flag
I just about collected a Charger at lunch when the person driving decided to turn left, from the far right lane. Signal and turn together, and of course was holding a phone. Folks like that I wish I could grab them by the ears, shake their heads back and forth while "suggesting" "put down the @*&&!$ phone"... Mine when I drive is in my pants pocket.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I just about collected a Charger at lunch when the person driving decided to turn left, from the far right lane. Signal and turn together, and of course was holding a phone. Folks like that I wish I could grab them by the ears, shake their heads back and forth while "suggesting" "put down the @*&&!$ phone"... Mine when I drive is in my pants pocket.

We see it a LOT down here. Out-of-state plates are given a wide birth. The: "OH CARP!! I wanna be OVER THERE!!" syndrome on full display: Whanging across three or four lanes, no signal, no regard for what may be behind them coming up at speed. Particularly during the "winter" with all the Snowbird influx.

Mitsy is currently headed to Miami, called and said there were three crashes so far, 250 mile all Interstate trip. She's averaged 45 MPH over the first 150. Gonna be a long evening waiting for the "mission complete" call.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My sister in law ( Destin/FWB ) bought a Toyota Rav4 in 2015, has the lane change indicator in mirrors. Just changes lanes because there is no warning and always takes up two spots when parking. Talks on the phone and texts too. We can be on the Interstate and will follow a slower car for miles before she realizes she can pass. Won't ride with her.