• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It's Friday - music again - songs your parents sang around the house

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Videos might be a little harder this time, but my father loved to sing - couldn't sing but loved to sing. These I remember:

and

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Mother and her two younger sisters would sing Andrews Sisters songs sounding like the originals. Grew up with many Stereo LP's of song tracks from Broadway shows and movies of the time. Flower Drum Song, Oklahoma!, South Pacific... The Old Man didn't sing much but would occasionally sing: "Casey got hit with a bucket of s*** and the band played on..."

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My Dad never sang, but he played a lot of "air trumpet" while listening to Harry James records. Mom just hummed tues around the house, but noting in particular stands out in my memory.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
My dad played guitar and sang in the evenings, here are a couple I remember:
and

My mom sang along to Judy Garland and the Camelot from records playing on the console stereo.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
One of the few groups I've seen in person in 1959 or 1960. I doubt very much if my parents would have been singing either of these ditties around the house:wink-new:.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
First time I heard Linda Ronstadt's "Different Drum" on the radio I thought my mom had a "secret life". Mom's singing voice was so similar it was shocking.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Indeed she did. And her two younger sisters, as well. Three-part harmony was a common thing at their get-togethers. Andrews Sisters or McGuire Sisters songs were not unusual. Dad made recordings on reel-to-reel tapes, unfortunately those are long lost. Would love to have those now.

"...workin' for th' Yankee dollah."