• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Put my toys away for the winter

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Today I removed my mowing deck and installed the snow blade on my tractor. My TR6 got moved my to the back of the garage :blue:
Warm weather can't come soon enough.

IMG_4155.jpg

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Are you expecting in might snow there soon? :stupid:
We've just had flurries early in the morning last week. It's coming alright. Of course you never get snow in NM :devilgrin:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
we drove through PA Monday - Tuesday - had to scrape the ice off the car with a credit card. (it's November we said, we don't need an ice scraper yet we said). Then 6 inches of snow here. Fortunately it is melting as we speak, but, have to get the car back on the road to get her into storage.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
we drove through PA Monday - Tuesday - had to scrape the ice off the car with a credit card. (it's November we said, we don't need an ice scraper yet we said). Then 6 inches of snow here. Fortunately it is melting as we speak, but, have to get the car back on the road to get her into storage.
Where in PA? If you’re ever close by I would be happy to meet a BCF’er.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

You must be clairvoyant.... I showed that very article to my wife this morning.
I have come to my senses a long time ago.... for many, many years I have wanted to move south but the roadblock is my better half. She does not do change well.
Possibly when she is done working we can consider it.
We both graduated college in Florida.... we should have stayed there!

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
At least the mower moves easily, so you can get TR out for a decent day.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
At least the mower moves easily, so you can get TR out for a decent day.
Larry, that was exactly my thought. It’s pretty simple to move the tractor if I want to get the car out.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I've been in Tampa the last month... hard to even tell its November here. Virginia has gotten cold though with snow as well... I brought way too many cold clothes to Tampa, but I'm not complaining for sure.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We plan to have a place on the west coast from Tampa down.
Will probably buy in 2 years

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Been a little chilly here in North East Oklahoma, 20s during the night, but warms up to the 40s during the day, 61 today. Haven't put the car to bed yet, but I did put the side curtains on. :encouragement:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Where in PA? If you’re ever close by I would be happy to meet a BCF’er.[/QUOT

we were returning from Myrtle Beach - so I-70 - I -76 - I 79 - I 90 - is any of that near you? Sadly whenever we are in PA we are almost always trying to get somewhere else.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Where in PA? If you’re ever close by I would be happy to meet a BCF’er.[/QUOT

we were returning from Myrtle Beach - so I-70 - I -76 - I 79 - I 90 - is any of that near you? Sadly whenever we are in PA we are almost always trying to get somewhere else.
I-76 is the PA Turnpike that runs East/West. I am about an hour and 20 mins west of Philadelphia and 30 mins from Hershey. You're welcome anytime!

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've been in Tampa the last month... hard to even tell its November here. Virginia has gotten cold though with snow as well... I brought way too many cold clothes to Tampa, but I'm not complaining for sure.

So YOU'RE why it's below here 60°F now!!

PM me. We're under final approach.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
If I can I try not to put my TR in storage for the winter. Our winter's are so highly variable, we can get a foot of snow one week, and it can be 50 degrees the next. When it warms up and dries off I try to get the car out. Move the fluids, release the clutch, charge the battery. I know storage and weather considerations can be different, and I have had instances where I do have to out the car up for winter. But getting the car out to exercise if possible I'd good for me and the car.