• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greg from Knoxville, TN USA

zigmeister60

Freshman Member
Greetings to you all.

I'm a born-car-guy. I started noticing cool cars at a very young age. My mother told me years ago that I could tell her a car brand, make and model just from its lights at night when I was two or three years old. I built models of all my favorites up until I was 11 years old when she passed away suddenly. I've been involved with British cars since I bought my first MGB in 1981 or 82. Like many of you, I've loved the AC/Shelby Cobras since I was in elementary school. In High School; I hatched a plan to put a small block Ford in an MGB when I couldn't afford a real Cobra. I didn't get around to that until after I'd joined the USAF and was stationed at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas. I found a '69 MGB Roadster in the classifieds. My wife and I went out to look at it and found it sitting behind a repair shop where it had been for years after the owner couldn't afford a repair. Upon opening the hood, I noticed something just didn't look right. Just then, I realized that the cylinder head was missing and what I was looking at was the top of the bare engine block level full of sand. The desert is kind of unforgiving that way. Five hundred bucks later, that beauty was mine. Long story short: I added the MGB to the long list of cars I love. I've never not owned one since that day. I've rebuilt/restored original cars. I've engine swapped several including a small block Chevy(307) and Fords (289, 302/5.0) into MGBs and a Ford Zetec /T9 into a Midget. Anyway, I look forward to maybe meeting some of you in the Knoxville area one day.

Safety Fast,
Greg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hey, Greg -

Mickey Richaud, in Townsend here; welcome to the BCF!

If you aren't already aware, there's a great local club, Blount British Car Club, headquartered in Maryville. We'll be meeting tomorrow evening at the Blount Library at 6:30, as we do every second Thursday. Come on down and hook up with us!

Mickey

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Greg

Welcome to the forum.

Long history with British cars. MG did produce a V8 version of the MGB as far as I know. Used the Rover 3.5 V8.

David