• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Exterior cover recommendations

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I recently ordered and had to return an exterior cover for my 100 from one of the large online sellers. Though the website claimed that the covers were "custom made" for each model such was not the case.

My biggest issue was that the cover was cut and sewn to provide for door-mounted side-view mirrors which I do not have on my car and the result was that that there were large "pouches" in the cover that would probably wind up being water catchers at the base of the windshield. The cover also seemed big enough to accommodate a six-cylinder Healey which is several inches longer than a 100.

Does anyone know of an exterior cover that fits a 100 without pouches for side mirrors?

Country flag
I got one from Moss for my BN2 years ago. It was the 'breathable' one with a soft, fleecy lining and it didn't have any provisions for mirrors. Fit was acceptable--I'll get a pic later if you want--but the 'breathability' allows fine dust to permeate and as the car is parked at an almond farm the car gets dusty even with the cover (as does everything else around the house).

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Bob--

Yes, I would like to see a pic. I leave my hardtop on full time and it may be a bit fuller than a soft top but if there is any extra room in the fit of your cover there may be no issue.

Country flag
I think your hardtop would fit just fine:

CarCover.jpg

OP
Michael Oritt

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Guys--

I wound up purchasing a cover from California Car Covers as several folks on this forum and other sites recommended after they guaranteed fit and verified that they would, for aa small additional charge and shipping, sew on rear view mirror pockets if I send the cover back to them.

I'll post when I receive and try the cover on for size.

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Bob, I used to live on a farm south of Merced, CA and can vouch for the fact the dust gets everywhere. I owned a beautiful dark green Mercedes that 30 minutes after I washed it, would be covered with dust. Even worse during almond harvest. Of course most of that dust came from the almond huller in the barn next to the garage....

Novamonte

Country flag
I got this for my Healey: https://www.airflow-uk.co.uk/produc...JaXhpljp-9pKfEDQ-mgQ5xKiDmKWVtu4aAiEoEALw_wcB. Unlike various inflatable models it stays upright when opened, so it is easy to take the car out for a spin. Keeps the car dry and dust-free in humid conditions (there are fans and filters) and has doors in the back and the sides to provide easy access. I have no affiliation with the company, just found it on the web and ordered it (the small sports car version) and am very pleased. It takes around an hour or so to assemble though.