• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from Orlando, FL

BJohnson

Freshman Member
Hi Everyone,
I came across this forum when I was looking for info to change the fuel pump on my 78 Spitfire.
My first car that I bought was a 75 Spitfire. My Dad said I couldn't afford the parts AND the mechanic so I had to learn to work on it myself. That car was an education! I even pulled the engine and put in a new clutch. My heart was broken when I found the frame had rusted through. I had a parts catalog along with some of my books when I was at class in college and ran into a girl that was trying to get rid of a 78 Spitfire. The price was right plus I had a parts car. Life was good. I ended up driving them for a combined 10 years. Eventually, the differential went out and I was about to start a family. It wasn't practical and I couldn't get a car seat in it. Fast forward almost 30 years and I bought another 78 Spitfire while my knees still work. I do as much work as my back will allow and my Dad sure was right about the mechanic! I look forward to getting to know fellow LBC devotees and hope to gain from their knowledge.
Cheers,
Beth Johnson

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome Beth! glad to have you here. There are some helpful clubs in the area - We used to live in Oviedo - you are coming to the very best time to drive!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi Beth! You’ll find we have a pretty active Triumph forum here so be sure to jump right in there as well! Glad to have you aboard!