• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bad Kitty

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'll take an original, please.

foose-design-jaguar-e-type-sema-03.jpg

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/07/chip-foose-jaguar-e-type-sema/#slide-2183205

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Beautiful car, but I don't like those those ribbon tires, their worthless for absorbing any shock. Their on the wifes new Buick and their like solid rubber, no flex at all! :rolleyes2:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I would not kick that car out of my garage for leaking oil! :grin:

Don't love the tires but it's kind of like dissing Julia Roberts for her necklace. Just sayin'

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
The rear end looks a bit like the original Alfa Spider "ossa di sepia". I like the eggcrate grille. This is an awesome car. I wonder how much it cost?

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Looked through the pics, the rear end isn't bad, the front with the scoop and larger egg crate grill not so good. The rubber band wheels and minimalist dash also don't do much for me.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Original here also, I don't see how you could improve it. Most custom cars strike me that way.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
This is what I call a beautiful car, Improvement of looks was never an issue! Too late in life for me to get into any more projects, if I did it would be one of these! :encouragement: I fell in love with them when Tom Macall (spelling) did an article back in the 60s on the V-12, I think in Mechanics Illustrated.

View attachment 61195

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Yes Basil, I totally agree, a very bold move to try to improve on the E-type. The source article linked above has a comments section, there are many positive comments about this custom e-type. I know this group here is a bit biased, but Enzo Ferrari was impressed too. I suspect the positive comments on this thing are from paid or inside "shills" it is just not a road you should go down.

I am not totally against modifications and customs either. Some of the aftermarket bonnets improve the Sprite (and I love Sprites!), but the E-type, I hope I may be excused for the reference, but do not blaspheme on holy ground.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That explains a lot.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
That explains a lot.

Yeah now he understands. :rolleyes: You guys are a really tough crowd. I think because I understood and liked it from the get go that I should get the car- or at least keep it in my garage. :grin:

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Never would own a Foose car. His wheel designs need some improvement.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Never would own a Foose car. His wheel designs need some improvement.

Funny, how tastes differ. I don't love all his designs car or wheel - but if he customized an outhouse I would likely park it in my driveway. :smile:

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
His designing is great, but not my taste. Do like him over most designers. Fabricators of off customs are fine, I won't buy them but will look at them. Just can't get the wheels, still on the old Panasport and American spokes.

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
According to Chip the car may not have running gear installed. Interior pan-overs are nice, but strategically placed jacket may hide an owner specified automatic transmission. :frown-new: