Thread: BN-1 with spare engine and transmission

Classifieds for members to buy/sell Austin Healey Cars/ Parts

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BN-1 with spare engine and transmission

I have a 1954 BN-1 that I have had in storage for 40 years...I am curious about the value.
    Last driven in 1966...no body rust at all...front cross-member is rusted thru on the bottom. Spare engine and transmission/overdrive. 4 milk crates of spare parts.
    Windshield is broken...but all hardware intact. Engine soaking in penetrating oil...but appears to be seized.
    New top and tonneau. Needs paint, interior, hydraulics and engine overhaul (only 35k miles...but frozen up).
    General cost for paint...interior...brakes and some machine work?
    I have an offer of $14k...thoughts?
    Michael Bowie
    Boerne, Texas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: BN-1 with spare engine and transmission

Quote Originally Posted by Michael bowie View Post
    I have a 1954 BN-1 that I have had in storage for 40 years...I am curious about the value.
    Last driven in 1966...no body rust at all...front cross-member is rusted thru on the bottom. Spare engine and transmission/overdrive. 4 milk crates of spare parts.
    Windshield is broken...but all hardware intact. Engine soaking in penetrating oil...but appears to be seized.
    New top and tonneau. Needs paint, interior, hydraulics and engine overhaul (only 35k miles...but frozen up).
    General cost for paint...interior...brakes and some machine work?
    I have an offer of $14k...thoughts?
    Michael Bowie
    Boerne, Texas
    I’d guess that number is low if there’s no body rust. 100s usually have pretty good value. The key is going to be how much rust in the chassis. If it’s only the crossmember then no big deal but there’s likely more.