• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

This stinks!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Was awakened early Saturday morning with a raging toothache. Felt it a bit the night before and irrigated with peroxide,took a couple aspirin and it seemed to subside. Only dentist's office with a Saturday opening was 30 miles away, got in at noon. X-rays, FOUR different scripts, it doesn't seem to be reducing the infection. Three days in, and instead of an Amoxicillin brace (has worked in the past couple instances) I am doing this four drug regimen with what seems a lesser result.

...and Heineken's new 0.0% no alcohol "beer" is like a slightly beer flavored water. :livid::censored:

dklawson

Yoda
Sorry. I have felt your pain.

I was prescribed regular penicillin for the last tooth abscess I had. I didn't think they used it anymore. It worked great for me. I hate to suggest paying for another dentist visit but if the current cocktail isn't working maybe it is time to try something else prescribed by someone else with fresh ideas.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
i had a bad toothache last winter in Florida. Got the name of a good dentist in Venice - he took me right away. It needed a root canal which he did. No problem since. He's probably the best dentist I ever went to. Uses a microscope.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Sorry. I have felt your pain.

I was prescribed regular penicillin for the last tooth abscess I had. I didn't think they used it anymore. It worked great for me. I hate to suggest paying for another dentist visit but if the current cocktail isn't working maybe it is time to try something else prescribed by someone else with fresh ideas.

Had a bad reaction to Penicillin in my youth, so contra-indicated. But about a decade ago had a similar issue and Amoxicillin worked a treat. I am certainly making an appointment to see the local folks who do my regular work. Only problem may be convincing them to get the x-rays and suchlike from the other outfit. What a literal pain... at both ends!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sorry to hear that Doc. Toothaches are a pain.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
Just went through this same pain at the end of October. They where working on a tooth that needed a new crown. Was set to have it put on Wednesday, but tooth next to it started to hurt Monday nite. Made it to Wednesday, but X-ray showed a cracked tooth at the root canal rod....plus the best bit a abscess.
Was put on meds and had the tooth out at 8am on Friday.
Hope your new X-ray doesn’t show same problem!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was wondering how you were this afternoon around 2:30 (tooth:hurty).
Hope the antibiotics have begun to help.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Yesterday AM was UGLY. By the end of the day the swelling was down, today able to go to a luncheon and all is going well. No more pain. We'll see about the next step.

D. said:
Just went through this same pain at the end of October. They where working on a tooth that needed a new crown. Was set to have it put on Wednesday, but tooth next to it started to hurt Monday nite. Made it to Wednesday, but X-ray showed a cracked tooth at the root canal rod....plus the best bit a abscess.
Was put on meds and had the tooth out at 8am on Friday.
Hope your new X-ray doesn’t show same problem!

So do I!! Still a couple days of the antibiotic brace here. Then it'll be back to the DDS office. argh.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I had a friend who went through something similar last fall, he needed a root canal and the @$$ of a dentist did the root canal on the tooth next to the one that needed it. He had to wind up going to another dentist to get it taken care of properly.