• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Prank

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
On the heels of my fake electrical outlets at coffee-shops, I just discovered this... and you can buy the stickers! Oh, what fun. THIS is what retirement is all about. :cool:

voice.jpg
voice sticker.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Love it!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Reminds me of my dad. When he was a young teen (1920s) and the family stayed in a hotel, he'd secretly remove the cover on the room thermostat and reverse the wires, then put the cover back on.

Always thought it was funny when the next room occupant would want to turn up the heat, and the temp would only go down.

Or the time he filled the salt shakers with sugar, and the sugar bowls with salt.

Or ... and on it goes.

And yes, I take after him 100%.

Country flag
Once tried what I terms a "science experiment" with an elevator. Turned the up and down arrows over so the top one pointed down and the bottom, up. Amazing how many people didn't figure it out, that when they pushed the up button the arrow pointed down, and vice versa. Or go on going the wrong direction when the one next to it arrived...

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
You guys have a mean streak. Just curious, are you LBC engineers?

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Just don't place a hidden camera inthe restroom so you can observe the fun.

Don't have to. Just need to stand outside and listen! :highly_amused:

Country flag
Eons ago when at Berkley some engineering students "fixed" one of the elevator's buttons, switching the floor six with the floor nine. Then turned the room number 6 upside down reading 9. Kids keys didn't work.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Reminds me of my dad. When he was a young teen (1920s) and the family stayed in a hotel, he'd secretly remove the cover on the room thermostat and reverse the wires, then put the cover back on.

Always thought it was funny when the next room occupant would want to turn up the heat, and the temp would only go down.

Or the time he filled the salt shakers with sugar, and the sugar bowls with salt.

Or ... and on it goes.

And yes, I take after him 100%.

Was he the same one who removed the "Professionally Cleaned For Your Protection"
band from the toilet when arriving,& then re-attaching it when he left?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Just don't place a hidden camera inthe restroom so you can observe the fun.

yes your honor that's why I installed a spy camera in the men's room.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

you make a lot more sense all of a sudden! :smile:

True story - years ago Mrs JP and I were visiting my parents and the basement bedroom bed had an electric blanket. yes I fried and she froze and yes the controls were reversed so we tortured each other all night (and no my father wasn't a sadist)

Country flag
Eons ago when at Berkley some engineering students "fixed" one of the elevator's buttons, switching the floor six with the floor nine. Then turned the room number 6 upside down reading 9. Kids keys didn't work.

What I found interesting with reversing the arrows was how many relied on what it said at that moment, rather than how it had always been in the past. Normally the top arrow points up and the bottom down, yet most did not question the top pointing down or the bottom pointing up. Yet these were mostly folks who'd been there using that elevator every day for ages. And even more fun, the one next to it wasn't changed.

D

Deleted member 8987

My Dad and Uncle...family gatherings... Model T coil (vibrating, one of four, in wood box), bare copper wire wrapped on toilet seat....hot one side, common the other.....wires ran through the wall along the water pipe to the next room where the coil, battery, and knife switch were located.Grandma sat on the seat, you could hear the screams for miles.

Country flag
Not sure I'd go quite that far.

I knew a guy years ago in college that many of us had trouble getting along with. Not being a mechanical sort of guy I swapped a couple of the plug leads on his car's v6 once, took him a couple weeks and help from a mechanic to figure out why his car had started running rough. He didn't find it nearly as funny as the rest of us...

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
A really sneaky trick I've heard of (for cars) is to us a zip-tie on an axle... leaving the long end to flap. As the axle turns it creates a ticking sound. Easy to fix, once it's figured out.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I took the hubcap off of my friends Mustang and put a few rocks in it. It drove him crazy trying to find the source of the noise.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Man, stay away from my cars!! To think this is the forum where I go for automotive advice... sheesh!

:cool:

Country flag
I did not experience it. It was posted in the Pelican (Berkeley student newspaper) Apparently the wires to the 6 and 9 floor were switched inside the panel (press 6 and you triggered 9).

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I took the hubcap off of my friends Mustang and put a few rocks in it. It drove him crazy trying to find the source of the noise.

Did that one in high school to a friend's Volvo. Another "friend" managed to get an incense stick in that same car... which burned all day. It took MONTHS to get that smell out of the car.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
In college, as a freshman, we put a senior's Renault 4CV up on the fraternity house porch. Years later, I came out of a movie to find my 4CV up on the sidewalk. I suspected who did it and when I went down to Tarry Lodge in Portchester for pizza and beer, the culprits were there. Miserable little car.