• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Did one of you try to log into my account?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I Received this email this afternoon. Unless I take a hard blow to the head I won't be responding :glee:
OK, which one of you tried logging on? :rolleye:

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 5.09.28 PM.jpg

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
No - never click on it. But you can hover your cursor/pointer over the link, and you'll see a website url which the sender wants you to visit.

If you know the website url, you can report the phishing attempt.

Tom M.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I know that Tom but I don't want to go anywhere near that link for fear of accidentally ending up clicking it.
It is going in the circular file.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I logged in and browsed your iCloud photos you naughty boy!
Just grandkids, cars and trip pics. OK, ok.... I do have some scooter pics with the side panels off :cower:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"And the hits just keep on coming!"

Mitsy got tagged last week with an email that wouldn't disappear. Deleted immediately upon first receiving it but every time she opened the mail client, it would reappear in ever increasing numbers, same title, same sender. We had to access the control panel on the server and kill it there to get it gone.

If the spammers 'n hackers would spend as much effort doing legit work, they may find a better reward. I know I have. :smirk: :devilgrin:

Country flag
The really sad part is that its been made so easy these days. Used to be someone out to scam you had to make actual calls, spend money on postage or show up at your door. Now they can getup, logon, not bother to get dressed and attempt to scam millions all before lunch. Not to mention being anywhere in the world while scamming everywhere in the world.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The really sad part is that its been made so easy these days. Used to be someone out to scam you had to make actual calls, spend money on postage or show up at your door. Now they can getup, logon, not bother to get dressed and attempt to scam millions all before lunch. Not to mention being anywhere in the world while scamming everywhere in the world.

And don't overlook that when scammers had to actually mail things, call people or interact in person, there was a chance of getting caught. With the internet, not only can they be lazy but they also know that they have zero risk of every being caught and prosecuted....everyone claims the internet is someone else's responsibility so no one ever gets held accountable.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I just got an email from Netflix letting me know they are having difficulties with my account and need me to update and verify my information. As of now they have canceled my subscription.
The only problem with all this is that I don’t have a Netflix account.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I just got an email from Netflix letting me know they are having difficulties with my account and need me to update and verify my information. As of now they have canceled my subscription.
The only problem with all this is that I don’t have a Netflix account.

Well I would certainly describe that as a 'difficulty' wouldn't you? :jester:

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hmmm.... maybe that’s why Netflix has difficulty with my account. If they want to call me they should use the correct intergalactic area code for Brodo Asogi.