• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thanks for the add from So Cal.

SpeedieJag

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

Just popped in and time to say Hi from Southern California and say thanks for the add. I am a Jag guy. I have been driving "modern" Jaguars for 20 years and have owned just about every model including X-Type, S-Type, XF, XJ and F-Type. Currently I am driving a 2020 F-Type R Coupe. It has a mere 550hp and is a blast to drive.

Two years ago, I bought my first "classic" Jaguar, a 1965 Jaguar E-Type 4.2 OTS in Dark Blue with Red Interior. It spent the first 50 years in Vancouver, BC and has been in So Cal for the past 4 years. It was restored 30 years ago and in what I would term good condition but as I began driving it, lots of "things" started to go wrong which I fixed as they popped up. About 6 months ago, the clutch went out which requires an engine removal. So as long as the engine/trans/gearbox was out, we might as well do a complete front to back mechanical refresh including a new interior. I hope to have it by Thanksgiving. At times, I have thought it would have been easier to buy a fully restored car. However, this process has allowed me to drill down on the car and appreciate it more.

Even my wife is starting to get the bug. She wants a classic car with "swoopy" fenders. We have looked at XK140s, Morgans and MG TFs all which according to her qualify as having "swoopy" fenders. We shall see where she lands.

Thanks again,
James

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF from anther Jag guy! (67 EType Roadster). Glad to have you aboard!