• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Called Taz most of my life

Tazjag

Freshman Member
HI, new here, but am an old guy. Tazmanian or Taz was what most people reverted to when they glanced at my last name and decided it was too hard to figure out (though it isn't).

I've had British cars most of my life starting in High School when I bought my first - a Bugeye Sprite for $100. Dad and I rebuilt the engine on the kitchen table while Mom was out of town one weekend and that hooked him on British cars too as he commented that the big end bearings were as large as American iron's.

Since then he and I have had many of them through the years. I have mostly settled on Jags, but have had Healeys (Sprite and a 100-4), TR4 and a Morris Woody (again $100).

I've worked on them myself over the years and enjoy that challenge of "if someone made it, I can fix it".

Now I've got Jags since '66 and continue to work on them, though they are more expensive and a bit more complicated than the others.

I'm retired now so I have time to work on them, but it's always the trade off between having enough time or enough money to get something done.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Taz - welcome to BCF.

My first car (high school) was a Mk VII Jaguar. My parents thought I'd be safe if I ever got into an accident with a Greyhound bus!

When I retired in 2003, I started the fateful decline: MGB, TR3, M-B, Rambler, and now my MGTD.

Here's the BCF Jaguar forum:

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?15-Jaguar

(I had my sights on an early '60s MkII, but never got around to it. I think Inspector Morse stole my idea.)

Retired means: No job, No worries, No money!

Tom M.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Hello! I'm still driving a Bugeye (though I did have a big Healey 100-4). :rolleye:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Hi Taz. BTW, my wife had an uncle named Taz.