• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Carp [sp]

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8987

So...rebuilt the clutch slave. Pedal odd, in that sometimes perfect, sometimes two strokes to get pedal. Ah HA! Three year old "new" master from one of the usual suppliers.
Ordered two kits, first rebuilt the original, installed and bled, perfect every time.

Popped open the new, shiny one...no way.
Innards are different. Main cup originally was flat bottom, fit against piston...new one has a peg on the end of the piston to fit the cup with a hole in it onto.

Suppliers have (as of now) no idea.

However, MGB upgraded, Mini (post 85) have what looks right:

https://www.minispares.com/product/...turnUrl=/product/Classic/AAU4969.aspx|Back to

for a Mini, 1985 and newer. Not sure of bore.

https://www.sportsandclassics.com/parts/uncategorized/clutch-master-upgrade-kit-mgb-sunbeam-minor/

MGB Upgrade Kit?

https://www.amazon.com/Wilwood-260-3882-Master-Cylinder-Rebuild/dp/B003XVEGVM

Wilwood? Bore looks right.

Anybody seen that before?
In a MK2?

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

C20526#SK Seal Kit Repair

Research. Lots of photos to supplier, discussions with the manufacturer.

Upgraded, uprated, master. Uses the parts shown in first posting, apparently.

Next catalog will show these pars as an option. Apparently, upgrading your old master with these parts is the way to go.

I'll let y'all know when they get here and how it works.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Been a while. All was working well. Six months worth of well.
Started going though clutch hydraulic fluid. Not a lot, top it off every couple of week.

Looked....wet at the flare nut into the slave.Checked tension, all good. Figured the pipe cracked. pulled the line, made up a new one, matched bends AND existing flares (double flare at slave, single at flex hose)

Fluid POURED out of the line at slave.
All apart, pulled the slave....the silly thing is bubble flare! Line is as original as I can tell to the vehicle with US flares on each end.
Pulled the line out, cut and bubble flared, not leaking now. Soon as my back works again I'll finalize bleeding.

Some place it had a double flare slave or somebody changed the pipe.