• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello ... MG TF-1500 owner in Orlando

Lonnie Cook

Freshman Member
Hi -

New to the Forum. Looking forward to exchanging information and tips.

1955 MG TF-1500. HDC46/7211 with original XPEG/977. Built 23-27 September 1954. Dispatched to USA 28 September 1954.

I am the sixth owner of TF7211. It's probably always been a Florida car.

Owner #1 unknown
Owner #2 owned the car 1963-1967. Restored it, autocrossed it, showed it ("Best TF" at the first GOF-South) , and was very early member of Classic MG Club, founded 1963. Lives only a couple of miles from me.
Owner #3 used car dealer. Owned it for short time. Purchased from #2 to provide funds for down payment on house.
Owner #4 was college student. Owned short time. Was not kind to the car.
Owner #5 owned the car for 43 years. Restored it. Loved it.
Owner #6 (me) bought it Friday Dec 13, 2013 - bad omen! Fell in love with the car the first time that I saw it. Looked good; made needed and usual repairs; needed simple paint job; started disassembly in 2017; Oh-Oh found wood damage; still in process of total restoration.

Lonnie Cook
TF7211
Orlando, FL

Attachments

• LC_GOF2015-900.jpg
    LC_GOF2015-900.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Nik_7294-1200.jpg
    Nik_7294-1200.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Lonnie, welcome! and as a former(ish) member of the Orlando club, doubly so.

OP
Lonnie Cook

Lonnie Cook

Freshman Member
Hi John-Peter,

Thanks for the welcome.

When were you a member of the Classic MG Club? I've been maintaining the membership records for the past four years. The club is the oldest MG club in continuous operation in Florida. 200 members. There are no dues, but it costs $15 to quit!! Since you haven't paid $15, you are still a member. So "Hello" from one member to another!
https://www.classicmgclub.com/

Our club hosts the 54th annual GOF-South April 17-19, 2020 in Howey-in-the-Hills, FL. Perfect time for a Florida vacation.
https://www.gofsouth.org/

Lonnie
TF7211

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Lonnie, we were in Orlando from 2002-2006 I acquired a 76 Midget then but never had it on the road in that time. As you mention, I have refused to pay my $15 to quit (from my cold dead fingers :smile:

I was still receiving the newsletter though haven't seen it in a few months (which is fine)

again, welcome!