• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

GAME OVER! - J signing out :[

EMGEBE

Jedi Hopeful
Hi guys.

I have come to a point in my life where I'm weighing up if it is worthwhile me spending thousands upon thousands of $'s into the MG engine rebuild. Its not a real practical car for what i do (commercial cleaning). I had a real big tif with the owner of the car recently and he wants it back.

So im sorry to say guys, but my MG days have been cut WAY, WAY short. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Not a very happy time at the moment. Absolutely loved the MG. Fantastic little car, grabs the road like all heck. Outperforms MANY newer cars on the corners!

But its time to sum up whats best for the future, obviously running a cleaning business, owning a larger car is better suited. LoL, i remember lugging a big industrial buffer when I bought it to a location I had in the city... DID IT IN THE MG, with the top down of course! :p

But yeh, the owner, my step father... is wanting the car back, isnt too happy with me playing with it. Apparentlly im STUFFING IT UP. - Guess its my own fault, i shouldnt expect something for nothing, especially from family.

But yeh, had a good run with the MG, really sad to see it go like this. Honestly cant imagine buying another one in the future, but has been a great first car and will remember it for ages to come.

Am looking at some kind of sedan for business, will continue to use my old mans 4*4 til i can buy something decent. Am hoping to find a cheap old sovreighn (late 70's)jag off ebay. maybe even an old mirc. Dunno, we'll see how we go i guess.
- hopefully still be on BCF sometime soon, just not with a lbc, but a big CAT

Just thought I'd thank everyone with helping me over the past year on the forum, you all are a great bunch, have learned heaps and heaps due to this forum, FANTASTIC WORK BASIL, you've done a fantastic job growing this forum!
Is a real sad time and in a way in my darkest hour.

Jarrod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

TNMGB

Jedi Trainee
Jarrod,

How sad to see you go. We've all enjoyed your quirky posts and upbeat attitude in this forum. It will be hard to think of you in a 4x4 but we'll all still picture you as you are in your signature photo!

All the best...

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
Jerrod,

I have the feeling you will be back someday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif
You will get a more sensible car and move on for now, but deep down inside you will miss the spirit of the MGB and someday will have the "mid-life crisis" or the realization that you can once again enjoy the fun of a LBC. You will heed the call of the top down, flat out thrill of the touring car, and buy another silly toy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cowboy.gif

Thanks for enriching this Forum with your youthful goofy spirit...and the best of luck to you, Mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Bruce /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Seconded!

And there's always tomorrow... it MAY be you'd find an MG in distress so bad it could be had for cheap. You've certainly got a wealth of info to support a "project" inna near future! Never say (or THINK) "never"!

All good things take time. You have plenty of that to look forward to! and you certainly can hang about in here without actually OWNING am MG currently /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Jarrod,
so you don't have an MG...for the moment, no need to leave us on account of that.
Besides, we need your aussie attitude!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Howard_The_Duck

Jedi Warrior
J,

My MG has a worthless cylinder head, needs a total engine rebuild, diffy rebuild, new suspension, new brakes. Needs new floors, new bodywork. The front passenger fender was reattached to the car in a means not concurrent with the British Leyland manufacturing guidelines (it was welded and lead sealed to the unibody), and I want a CB Radio in the car.

That still hasn't made me quit, and I know you won't quit either. You'll find another MG. You're infected with MG-itis now. No turning back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I've been since last fall without my LBC, and it looks like a couple of more years before it sees the street again, but that dosent stop me from yapping away here... If anything it's why I have so much time to yap here...I can't go driving!
Stop in and bug us sometime. We loved seeing the world from upside down.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif
Best of luck finding somthing cool to drive.

Steve_S

Yoda
Sorry to see things go bad for you, but like others have said... you'll be back! Hopefully you will find an even better car someday even if it isn't soon. Stick around though - owning an MG is only half of the reason to post here.

The other half is so You can keep "us" on our toes.. I have enjoyed most of your posts. they certianly have made me think a little different.

Hope to keep seein ya around

mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Jarrod, Just a bloody arse shame.---Keoke-- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

GreenHornet

Jedi Trainee
I have enjoyed yer posts. Sorry to see you go. More sorry to hear about the step father taking back the ride and bitchin about it. Bad form :Ăž

R6MGS

Yoda
Really sorry about you losing the B....hopefully someday you'll be able to get another...no reason to leave the forum just cuz you haven't got a LBC, I am in the Corvette forum all the time and I don't own a Vette right now as long as the common interest is there, it's all good.

Zack

RTR52nd

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
As have so many others, I've really enjoyed your input here. And keep your eyes out - I got my lbc in exchange for painting a garage! The old barter system still works! Plus, you could keep it in the back of the 4x4, in case that breaks down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif
Sincerely, it's been a pleasure, and as others have said, MG ownership is not mandatory to lurk around here. All the best to you.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I'll agree.....ownership is not mandatory for staying on this forum. You're a member, you like the cars, so stay! Things will work out for you. Remember this: She'll be right, mate!!

Guinn

Jedi Warrior
Yes, Jarrod, do stay. We have all enjoyed your posts and the view from Down Under so don't just walk away, please.

BTW, I had to give up my first MG, a TD, in 1954 - WOW! That was 51 years ago! - and didn't get another until last September. But I got it! I am sure you can do better than that.

Best of luck,

Guinn

OP
EMGEBE

EMGEBE

Jedi Hopeful
Hi guys!

Thanks for all the replies...

By no means am i just "dissapearing", its just going to be the same without a MG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll be sure to keep you all posted with business n cars n all that kinda stuff.

I know you will all probably hate me, but i think my next "sports car" will be something in the nissan family. Something like a 180sx would be perfect for work. Big open hatch back, RWD, LSD, TURBO!
MATE, ITS ALL GOOD!

Anyways, all the best guys.

You'll still see me around here n there.

Just dont have a LBC anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jarrod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Good on 'yer mate!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Radford

Jedi Knight
Jarrod,

Keep the thing, work on it when you have the time and money, you'll kick yourself later if you don't. Drop in from time to time and let us know how life is treating you.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
bah... get yer 180sx and use it for work... when you build up a surplus of cash go hunting for a MGB to "build up" or an MGC... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tom

Jarrod
That's really sad mate, been fun having you round hope things work out for you, as some others have said you never know what cars your future will bring...

I remember reading an article in Enjoying MG years ago where a guy managed to track down and buy the MG Midget that he and his (now wife) did their courting in for their 25th wedding anniversary. So these things do happen.

Guess this means I won't see you Launceston after all (maybe catch you in Melbourne during my drive through?)

Best regards

Tom