• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sad news. Son of John Twist of University Motors

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
We are deeply saddened to share the news that our son, brother, father and husband, James Twist, committed suicide on Tuesday evening. He faced an “invisible war in his head,” as he called it. He loved his family, his wife Emalyn and his children Charlie, Josie and Ben so very much. He was loved and supported by his family, his friends and his many communities, from the Michigan State Police to the Army to his Wrestling team. He IS loved by all of these people and will continue to be loved by everyone.
He wrote a blog post sharing his story just a few days ago, https://worldviewwithjames.wordpress.com/. In it, he asks anyone who is may need help to call the Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 or meet with the V.A.
We are all heartbroken today and will be for a very long time. James was a charismatic, hilarious, kind man, and the world is less bright without him here.
We will share more details in the coming days about the funeral and how you can help support his family. The family is very thankful yet overwhelmed at the moment, so we ask that you please hold your individual contacts until later. For now, please share your messages of support here.
If you would like to share your support via GoFundMe, a page has been set up here:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/twist…

This is a tragic time for the Twist family. Many of us know John from his many instructional videos.

This is was on FB I felt it appropriate to share.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
How tragic... my condolences to the Twist family.

Country flag
My heart goes out to the entire family, I know the pain they are going through from first hand experience, and there is no describing the emotions they are enduring.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Wow. Condolences, respect, and thank you for serving our country.

I am glad I am typing and not speaking out loud, as I am choked up after reading James’ blog.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I hate to hear of stories like this. Condolences to the entire family. So very sad.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Wow. Condolences, respect, and thank you for serving our country.

I am glad I am typing and not speaking out loud, as I am choked up after reading James’ blog.

Right there with ya, Mike.