• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It's friday - songs we grew up with

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Today's is simple - a song from the first album you actually owned. I am going with the very first album I ever bought with my own money but, a gift could count as well. Remember, this one you had to have actually owned and placed on a record player (or 8 Track - or for Tom, Victrola :smile: - with your own hands.

Band on the Run

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Mine is Mono, though.

MFSL2-456-2.jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Dag nab it! You young'ns just don't appreciate good classical music!

curmudgeon.jpeg

Here's my first record, bought with my own money (25 cents a week I earned from house chores).

And yes - I still have it!

Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
It's kinda fuzzy memory, but the earliest album I "remember" buying, was probably Elton John "Caribou" but before that, one of the earliest 8-tracks I recall was Moody Blues "Every Boy Deserves Favor". But there may have been other before these that I'm just not recalling.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Good one, Tom

I have no idea what the first music album I bought but is would have been a 8-track well into my adult years. The first album I can remember listing to was Glen Miller's 25th (?) Anniversary album sometime in the early/mid fifties at Xmas time. Spent the afternoon listing to that album, loved it.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Jan Garber. The Idol of the Airlanes. Another sweet band, like Guy Lumbago and Sammy Kaye.
I can't remember my first album - maybe George Shearing?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think it was "Cosmo's Factory" by CCR

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
So I had to think long and hard about this, I can't remember the first album I bought, but I think the first record I ever bought was a 45, I am sure many of you remember those, if you had a multiple play record player they also made a little dohickey that would drop multiple 45s on the platter.
B439S.jpg

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Moody Blues "Days of Future Passed". Bought the LP with my first paycheck from my first real job (other than mowing yards and such)
Pretty sure I've still got the album, but haven't had a working turntable in many years.

Country flag
The Rolling Stones, 1964