• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New guy from France

vype

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi everybody,

Just getting started here at BCF.
I live in the south of France and I am the owner of a '60 TR3A since a few month and I've started a complete restoration on it.
I am currently working on the chassis restoration.
I look forward to getting to know others and sharing knowledge.

Attachments

• IMG - 0.jpg
    IMG - 0.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 45

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF vype.
You will find lots of knowledgable and friendly help here. Head over to the Triumph section when you are ready to post any questions you may have.

Country flag
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello vype

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of help, tips and advice for your TR3A project.

Post some photos of your progress so far.

David

OP
V

vype

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi everybody,
I am currently working on the restoration of the chassis.

I have a problem with the left lower hinge pin of the front suspension. The axis is twisted on its rear part and its support is cracked.
I plan to redo the support and try to heat the axis to straighten it. Do you think it's a good idea ?

Attachments

• IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4104.jpg
    IMG_4104.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4112.jpg
    IMG_4112.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 51

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello vype

You will get better advice if you post the question in the Triumph section. I have seen some repairs done in that area in the past.

David