• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Attaching pictures while editing

Cutrog1

Country flag
Hi Basil... Looking for help again... When editing my article, is there an "insert" or "attach" facility for adding photos/images etc? I seem to have done it when I first created text but see no way now!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi Cutrog, fist, note that I moved your question to a "new" thread in the main "Forum Help" forum. (You had posted a reply in the an existing thread about Private Messages it the Video Tutorial Sub-forum).

Anyway, you should see the image insert icon in the editor when you are editing one of your posts. (You must be logged in of course)

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 8.23.24 AM.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Found you!! When I edit, I don't have the menu that you show

That's strange. Couple of questions. 1) Are you talking about editing a post in the forums or are you talking about trying to edit a Private message?
2) Which forum is your post in that you are trying to edit
3) Are you clicking the "Edit Post" icon directly below the post you are editing?
4) If all true, then could you sent a screen shot of what you are seeing when you edit: bcfadmin:atbritishcarforum.com
Thanks

OP
Cutrog1

Cutrog1

Country flag
I am editing my original article using edit icon. Not sure how to take screen shot. Sorry to be somewhat lacking. I guess I should not really get involved. It's taken me a day to find your reply...

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I am editing my original article using edit icon. Not sure how to take screen shot. Sorry to be somewhat lacking. I guess I should not really get involved. It's taken me a day to find your reply...

No no no! Don't be getting so frustrated that you "go away". There is normally not a time limit on when you can edit a post, but there is a limit on the number of images you can add to any post. If you're wanting to add more images, then rather than editing your original post, try just making a reply to your post and adding images that way.

OP
Cutrog1

Cutrog1

Country flag
Hi Basil......now realise the edit menu does not appear on mobile phone. Have now turned on to LAPTOP and menu is there an has allowed me to edit at last.

thanks for being there.. Still learning my way around. Only just found this thread...and do not knopw how!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Ah ha! So I just learned something! (You had originally posted your question in a thread about another topic, so I moved your question to a "new" thread in the appropriate forum).