• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Yahoo Groups going away

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I'm not a member of a lot of groups, but they are going away mid December. The reason I mention this is that one of my tasks in the next month or so is to download every single file they have. sad to be losing another repository of knowledge but completely understand - Yahoo groups weren't exactly flourishing.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I used to belong to an AOL auto group. Very active and opinionated. I wonder what happened to a lot of those people? Tony from Springfield, Mass? The lady who we visited in Petaluma, CA with a Volvo 544 her late husband left her? The guy from Florida who gave me advice when I first came down with A-Fib? One of the reasons I left AOL.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Never liked Yahoo because of it's persistence of showing up in everything when it wasn't asked for. I eliminated it from my computers best I could, but it shows up once in a while on some sites which naturally I have no control over and I try to ignore it. :rolleyes2:

D

Deleted member 8987

All happened when Oath bought the foundering yahoo. Groups have been encouraged for a couple of years to spin off.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I honestly didn’t realize Yahoo had “groups.” (Sheltered life)

I don't use them a lot - but, useful as a bridge between bulletin boards and websites. particularly useful for small interest or special interest groups - engine analyzers, microcars, fiat 600's with 850 engines, honda ct90's - that sort of thing. but, the files - manuals etc - are useful.