• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from Virginia

Russtyparts

Freshman Member
Hello,
My name is Russ as in Russtyparts and I am located in central Va.. I have several Sunbeams ..Alpines, Tigers, a Talbot DHC, and a few Hillmans ... some are on the road and some that are still waiting. looking forward to reading and learning about other peoples sickness ... oops..I mean hobby.

Russ E.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! that is a really eclectic collection - especially for the USA - were all the cars originally sold in this USA?

love to see pics and glad you are here. We don't have a lot of those types on the forum but are delighted to see them.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Russ

Welcome to the forum.

That is an unusual mix of LBCs. Hillman Minx or Imp?

Post some photos of the collection.

David

OP
R

Russtyparts

Freshman Member
Hello John,
Thank you for the welcome. As far as I know all were originally sold in the U.S. ... or at least left hand drive exports to North America. I'm the 3rd owner of the Mk1 Tiger, 2nd owner on my series IV Alpine, and the 2 series I Alpines, as for the others I'm not sure of their history. I'll post some pic's when I learn how.
That 1958 Fiat Multipla is something you don't see everyday, I always thought they were sort of neat looking.

Russ E.

OP
R

Russtyparts

Freshman Member
Hello David,
Thank you for the welcome, actually there are 3 Hillmans ... '59 Husky series I which is on the road, a '59 Hillman Minx sedan, runs but needs brake work and a new transmission, a '60 Hillman Minx DH .. needs an eng. and transmission, brake work and who knows what else after all of that. I had an opportunity to buy a Sunbeam Imp several years ago but had to pass on it, to many cars and not enough time. I'll post some pic's when I learn how.

Russ E.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Russ

My Dad had a Hillman Minx in the 1950s
New Hilman Minx in snow.jpg
Went to a car show in Columbus Georgia a few weeks ago. There was a very nice Imp.
Hilman Imp.jpg
David

OP
R

Russtyparts

Freshman Member
David,
Since I don't see a driver in the car maybe he is looking for a pee spot? We see so few nice looking Hillmans that it's a real treat to when we do see one There is a Tiger owner down in Daytona Fl. that did a really nice restoration on an Imp for his wife but after a couple of years had to sell it .. I don't know the selling price, it was the same shade of Blue ,,, could be the same car.
Thanks for the pic's.

Russ E.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
In 1986 I was working in Iran and our driver/interpreter proudly showed us his brand new Hillman Minx. They were being built in Iran and you only had a 4 year wait for one. Not sure if it was under licence or they just copied them.

David

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! Do you know a guy named Bruner,
who has a V6 powered Taunus wagon?