• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Just can't have too many!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
As I watch a TV face saying "Make sure the clothes you buy can be folded flat, so they won't take up too much space when you pile them up in the closet" - I think of:

_102753981_hm_soex0372.jpg

The clothing we throw away or toss in the recycling bin used to be sent to other countries. Many of those countries are now refusing to accept the shipments.

https://slate.com/technology/2019/05/marie-kondo-tidying-up-donate-unwanted-clothing.html

hmmmm - do I really need another shirt to add to the 30 I already have?

yeesh

Country flag
My stuff goes from daily wear to lawn work to garage wear to rags, and by the time I get rid of it I'm not sure even the thrid world would want most of it. And I don't buy that much new each year. Fashion plate or curent trend aware, I've never been.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Mike - same here. Only time I tried to "follow the trend" was the late 1960s, when I wore "John Lennon" style glasses. Since then I've just been going down hill.

Tom M.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mike - same here. Only time I tried to "follow the trend" was the late 1960s, when I wore "John Lennon" style glasses. Since then I've just been going down hill.

Tom M.
What, no bell bottoms?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My stuff goes from daily wear to lawn work to garage wear to rags, and by the time I get rid of it I'm not sure even the thrid world would want most of it. And I don't buy that much new each year. Fashion plate or curent trend aware, I've never been.

Mostly what I do too. Even dress shirts that get torn or too grungy end up as work shirts.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Same here. Repurpose as much as possible.

Did y'all know a lid from a Kraft Parmesan Cheese container will screw onto a Mason jar? :wink:

D

Deleted member 8987

Same here. Repurpose as much as possible.

Did y'all know a lid from a Kraft Parmesan Cheese container will screw onto a Mason jar? :wink:

Yes! And does a fine job of keeping the 'shine fresh while transporting it!