• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BugeyeFred introduction

BugeyeFred

Freshman Member
Hi,
I am BugeyeFred. I have a 1957 AH 100-six, a 1959 bugeye, a 1960 MGA, a 1964 Corvair and a 1969 Lotus Europa. I would like to get use full info concerning these cars and will share what I have learned and accomplished. I live on Signal Mountain, TN. The roads here are fun to drive in these cars. I am experiencing over heating in my 100-six and recently in the bugeye. The 100-six is very hard to steer and the Lotus has oil pressure issues. I have devised a way to remove the cam in my 1275cc bugeye with the engine still in the car. It has no tappet covers, so I made some from my job gadgets to hold up the lifters while removing and installing a cam. I have been retired for 16 years from my job as mechanical/civil engineer. Please post me with questions and answers. Have a good day

dklawson

Yoda
Welcome !

Assuming your local temperatures have been like ours for the past month... I would be surprised if your cars were NOT running hot. Hopefully you won't have to work on the cooling systems much if at all.

Country flag
Hi, and welcome! I also have a ā€˜57 100-6 and a 59 Bugeye, glad youā€™ve joined us. Come on over to the Healey and Spridgets forums, thereā€™s lots of good info on overheating, just jump right in.