• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Finding out a good friend is very sick

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
For the last couple of weeks I'd been trying to call an old friend, George, I've known since Junior High School. After numerous failed attempts going to voice mail, I finally got hold of him last night. He is in the hospital in Phoenix, and has been for a couple of weeks, fighting some sort of very bad infection. He said they had to remove a section of his intestine. Didn't sound like he's doing too well - even had a priest come in for possible last rights. The good news is, he seems to be (slowly) responding to antibiotics and things "may" be getting better. Lots of good memories with George. Here is a video I made from some digitized home movies his dad had taken. He sent me a set of digitized videos he had made from his dad's old super 8. I just did some editing and splicing and set it to music. His little brother at the beginning and end of this video was killed by a group of gang members in LA back in his early 20s. Man I was skinning back then!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
sorry to hear - we have had a couple of friends die over the past couple of years (we are entering the season of life where peers are dying of natural causes :rolleyes: ) One of the collateral effects is realizing how easy 'life' makes it to not connect for a year or more and not even notice - and all of a sudden it is too late.

stay connected to friends!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
You got that right JP.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
stay connected to friends!

I have two good friends that I've stayed connected with over the years, George and Mike. Mike I knew even earlier than George. George and I met by getting in a fist fight (he cut in line at lunch :highly_amused: and I was having none of it! ) We later became best of friends.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I have two good friends that I've stayed connected with over the years, George and Mike. Mike I knew even earlier than George. George and I met by getting in a fist fight (he cut in line at lunch :highly_amused: and I was having none of it! ) We later became best of friends.

did you meet for lunch? :smile:

Country flag
One thing I do use social media for is to keep in contact with folks I grew up with or went to college together. Not the same as seeing them in person, but when you're all in different acreas of the country you can still relatively easily keep up with each other and share personal and family information on the spur of the moment so to speak. Hard to believe my oldest friend and I have know each other for going on 60 years now, ever since we were cub scouts together. And now his grandkids are moving into teen years as he retires the end of the year. Where does it go??

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
One thing I do use social media for is to keep in contact with folks I grew up with or went to college together. Not the same as seeing them in person, but when you're all in different acreas of the country you can still relatively easily keep up with each other and share personal and family information on the spur of the moment so to speak. Hard to believe my oldest friend and I have know each other for going on 60 years now, ever since we were cub scouts together. And now his grandkids are moving into teen years as he retires the end of the year. Where does it go??

I don't do social media (other than here) but still telephone and email will old friends. A few I do FaceTime and/or Skype with.

Country flag
My social media use is mostly been to track down folks, email or the phone usually serves for continued contact. And really other than Linked in and a handful of LBC forums, I'm not online. No Facebook, Twitter or any of that nonsense, got better uses for my time.