• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What useless information is taking up space in your brain?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
What is the most useless thing you still know, but could live without knowing? Iโ€™ll start:

The mother of Pat Priest, who played Marilyn Munster on TV, was Ivy Baker Priest, Treasurer of the United States during Eisenhowerโ€™s administration.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Marilyn Monroe was actually born Norma Jean Mortensen, not Baker. Her mother was technically still married to Martin Mortensen, but they were separated and he was not Norma Jean's father.

After the divorce, her mother went back to using her first husband's name, Baker, and so did Norma Jean. Norma Jean wound up in foster care even before her Mom was hospitalized for mental problems. Mom would visit on weekends.

Talk about a tough childhood!

Harold

Bronze
Country flag
yeah--useless information--I still remember my best friend phone number from 1946 in Pittsburgh KS..His phone was 2546w--name Lalo Fountain--I like to watch old movies-(1946-1950)-I can generally name
most of the actors and actresses--and bore my wife with what other moves they appeared in as they got older--and YET, my wife has to prompt me as to my grandkids names when they visit--
However, I can talk for hours about the history of the British Motor Car Industry!! why is that?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
50 year old Old home phone number, 962-7674
Birthday of my childhood friend's father December 17
Mr. Dressup (Canada's Mr Rogers - sort of) was a neighbour of my mother's cousin
student number from college

now where did I leave my keys :rolleyes:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
A nonsensical saying that my best friend's father used to say when we were kids:
Eenie Beanie chichuncheeny, oo-ga gagaleeny. Otchy potchy goomalotchy. I have no idea what it means or where it came from.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
A nonsensical saying that my best friend's father used to say when we were kids:
Eenie Beanie chichuncheeny, oo-ga gagaleeny. Otchy potchy goomalotchy. I have no idea what it means or where it came from.

I vaguely remember a camp song/rhyme like that - unfortunately (or fortunately) it isn't taking up space in my brain so I can't quite grasp it.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My phone number when we moved back to OKC in the 4th grade, 83091. Later modernized to Victor 3-3091 finally reverted to 843-3091. Also remember my Army service number RA18541475 but just recently forgot the serial number on my M1 rifle from basic training. Do very clearly remember having to remove the cosmoline from it.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
I also remember Army service number, took me a long time to memorize SSN number after I got out. A old girl friend phone number from 60 years ago that I now use the last four for the safes you find in hotel/motels to store your valuables. Unfortunately lots of stuff I probably should remember seems to take longer to dredge up now days.

RDKeysor

Jedi Trainee
Bronze
Country flag
Ditto on my Army service number (1956-58), even though it was changed when I went from draftee service (a U.S. prefix) to Reservist. I worked in the editorial department of the Dayton Daily News after graduating from college in 1963--and owned a 3000 at the time. Though I was only in that office about nine months before being sent out to staff a news bureau in Sidney, Ohio, I recently wrote down the names of about 35 staffers on the editorial side during my tenure. This while pretending to play trivia at a local tavern/restaurant. As a retired journalist, it grieves me to know that newspaper editorial staffs are being shredded by a combination of advertising losses, primarily the Web and Craig's List. Now approaching age 82, I sometimes find myself in the garage looking for something. With patience, I can usually remember what I went out there for. But for how long?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Distinctly recall what was written on the blackboard in my Junior year by the Solid Geometry teacher, as a finals test: "Define: stellated-pseudorhombicuboctahedron."

...but don't ask what I had for lunch yesterday.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My grandmother knew Chuck Norris's mom and met Frank Sinatra while trying to get an autograph from Tommy Dorsey. My mind is also jam packed with completely useless trivia due to my having a nearly photographic memory, my ex wife more than once suggested I should go on Jeopardy and my students find it amusing to ask me off the wall questions and see if I can answer them.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My grandmother knew Chuck Norris's mom and met Frank Sinatra while trying to get an autograph from Tommy Dorsey. My mind is also jam packed with completely useless trivia due to my having a nearly photographic memory, my ex wife more than once suggested I should go on Jeopardy and my students find it amusing to ask me off the wall questions and see if I can answer them.

I have a photographic mind too. Problem is, I'm out of film! :congratulatory:

Country flag
My phone from my first job when I lived out west, 714-732-4529.

Once had a female coworker ask my why I had "so much usless sh*t in my brain that no one else in the world cares about". I asked, "and why is you don't have any". Went over really well....:cower:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Remember Aaron Weissman's phone number from 1940s - 71562. Long dead lawyer.Our own number - 30532. Later DAvis and FIreside exchanges. Names of obscure college football players from the 1950s come into my head at odd hours in the early morning. My first license plate # TG 672.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Basil, you should go digital like the rest of the world.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Oh and my SIN number and SWMBO's (and yes that is what it is called - Social Insurance Number) but the number of a funeral home I worked with 20 years ago - 383-dead (really)