• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Putting this in humour even though it seems to be true.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
What kind of a human being would give up a child for anything? I can't even wrap my brain around this.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Kids get put up for adoption all the time. Not at all unusual for adoptive parents to pay some portion of expenses; lots more than the value of an old car.

Judging by the mug shots (which is unfair, I'll admit), I'm guessing that drug use was at least peripherally involved. Lots of addicts find that taking care of a 1 year old child is a buzzkill.

You could probably argue that I'm guilty too; since I did give the birth mother some money (technically a "loan" but I knew I'd never see it back), and she used it to buy an old clunker of a car. Fortunately, the statute of limitations has long since expired :smile: She said she needed money to get an apartment, so she could leave her abusive husband. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time. (Note: drug users lie a lot, too.)

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Woman some years ago in Vegas? traded a child for a motorcycle. I think her name was Dorie Demadona. If I'm right, how's that for trivia? Looking at those people, they look like they'd be capable of almost anything.