• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thought they were gone forever

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The past couple of weeks I have been searching high and low for a set of rather expensive Klipsch ear buds that went missing. I could picture them, in their leather pouch, in my hand but just could not recall where I had them last. I went through every pocket in every shirt and pair of pants I own. I looked in every drawer, in the garage, in the cars - nada! I had all but given up hope. But them, the other day I was in the NAMI Office after hours to sign some checks. I opened the locked cabinet when the checks that need signing are kept, and there, on the eye-level shelf, sat my Klipsch ear buds! Wow!

I called our Admin lady at home and told here I just found my ear buds I'd been looking for and asked where she had found them. She said they were found after our Annual Meeting on Sept 7th. She put them in the cabinet until they could figure out who they belonged to! (I'm putting a name label in the pouch!! )

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The big question here is: do the people who know you in the real world know your name is Basil?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OK Walt - Now that you posted that,you'll need to be eliminated.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Klipsch! May have posted this before, but in my former, former life selling commercial/industrial ventilation equipment, I called on the Klipsch factory in Hope, Arkansas. Fascinating story of the development of the "Klipsch Horn" and other model speakers. Had a tour of the facility, including the anechoic chamber where they tested the components. The only description I can give for the silence when they closed the door is that it was deafening!

Sold them some dust collection equipment for their cabinetry shop. Some gorgeous woodworking done there back in the day.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Bas, check that cabinet for my 9/16” wrench that I’m missing. Thanks.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
One of the down-sides of new tech gizmos is their size. Easy to lose track of. RF dongles for various devices have gotten away from me after fixing some client's machine and forgetting to remove them... rendering the device they connect to useless until I track down the machine I'd left it in. Oldtimer's Disease, I s'pose. :shrug:

Once blamed Mitsy for losing a set of keys to the Lotus Cortina, had spares so it wasn't critical. Years after I'd sold the car, she was doing some rearranging of clothes in dressers and found the keys in a leg pocket of a 36R flight suit I'd been wearing while doing some work on the Cortina... needless to say, that has haunted me every time something small has come up missing: "Did you check the pockets in your 'green bag' yet?" Ugh. :highly_amused:

Last edited:

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I usually find these missing items in the washing machine - After the wash. Sort of an extra quality control step for the waterproofing on the cars keys and remote.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I needed that special tool I had to pry up nails or fasteners. Looks like a screwdriver with a bent blade, forked at the tip, about 8 inches long. Looked high and low - no joy. Tried to use a screwdriver, two screwdrivers - no luck at first but finally got the plastic rivet up and out. The tool could have done it in 2 seconds.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I needed that special tool I had to pry up nails or fasteners. Looks like a screwdriver with a bent blade, forked at the tip, about 8 inches long. Looked high and low - no joy. Tried to use a screwdriver, two screwdrivers - no luck at first but finally got the plastic rivet up and out. The tool could have done it in 2 seconds.

Buy another one - the first will show up in 2 seconds flat - easy peasy :smile:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Buy another one - the first will show up in 2 seconds flat - easy peasy :smile:

Another of Newton's Unwritten Corollaries!