• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

On healthy living...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
living.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
More truth than joke!

Country flag
See folks like that in the assisted living facility my mother is in. Truely sad part is the majority get few or no visits from family and friends. My mom gets one of us sons each week along with random visits from people from the church. Maybe not as much as family should be there, but better than most residents.

SimsBJ8

Country flag
God Bless you Mike. You and your brothers are great sons! Over the ten years Mom was in an Alzheimer's facility, my wife and I were there several times a week. We met many great people, both residents and also people like yourself that take the time to comfort family.
Again, God Bless you and your brothers!

Country flag
While her physical health is fading away now in her mid 80s and here memory isn't what it was, I will always be glad we're not dealing with some form of dementia along with it. For me, making the time is just what you do for family and friends, way I was raised I guess.

The example that will always stick in my mind was visitation when my dad passed on 20 years ago. During all that here was my mother asking about other folks family who were having issues and collecting a couple set of hospital information so she could send cards to them at a time when most would understand not thinking of that sort of thing.

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm 61 years old. I swim for exercise among other things. I'm in better shape that most of my co workers half my age. Ok, if you met them you'd know that's not saying much. One of the people at the pool I swim at is a sweet 90 year old lady who's been swimming since she was 12 years old. Swims several days per week. Drives herself to the pool. She is my inspiration.

Country flag
My former 3rd grade teacher passed on this last summer just shy of 100. Was independent and still drove until just a few months before the end. She was the picture beside the description "spry old broad". And I do mean that as a complement.