• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ralph Deissler

Freshman Member
I'm from USA Riverside RI I recently purchased a 55 B1 Austin Healey The car has been sitting 30 years. Body is in fair to good condition, wiring is a mess
Brown extension cord spliced in with wire nuts, bare twisted wire etc. Manifold and carb's are in a box. I'm a hotrodder and have a 40 Ford pickup and a 48 Plymouth business cp both are street rods. The classic look of the AH were irresistible I had to have it, my goal is to get it running first and restore as I go along. I'm starting with the wiring and need to remove the dash, any one know how to remove the steering wheel?

Ralph

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Ralph, welcome! sounds like quite a collection. I would be remiss if I didn't let you know that in british Car World a Nasty Boy specifically refers to a big Healey with a V8 - now you know :grin:

Can't help you with the wheel though typically they are just held on with a big nut just like you others. Head over to the Austin Healey forum and they will know.

cheers!

Country flag
Hi, and welcome! I’ve always wanted a BN1 or 2! Congratulations, come on over to the Healey Forum.