• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mowing the lawn

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
"It's too hot to wear clothes today," i said to my wife, stepping out of the shower.

"What do you reckon the neighbours will think if I mow the grass like this?" I asked.

"Probably that I married you for your money," she replied.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
[FONT=&quot]A woman stopped by unannounced at her recently married son's house. She[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]rang the doorbell and walked in. She was shocked to see her[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]daughter-in-law lying on the couch, totally naked. Soft music was[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]playing and the aroma of perfume filled the room.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"What are you doing?" she asked. "I'm waiting for my husband to come[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]home from work," the daughter-in-law answered."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But you're naked!" the mother-in-law exclaimed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"This is my LOVE dress," the daughter-in-law explained.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"LOVE dress? But you're naked!"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"My husband LOVES me to wear this dress," she explained. "It excites him[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]to no end. He can't get enough of me."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The mother-in-law left. When she got home, she undressed, showered, put[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]on her best perfume, dimmed the lights, put on a romantic CD, and lay on[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the couch waiting for her husband to arrive. Finally, her husband came[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]home.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He walked in and saw her lying there so provocatively.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"What are you doing?" he asked.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"This is my LOVE dress," she whispered, sensually.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Needs ironing," he said. "What's for dinner?"[/FONT]

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I fought the lawn, and the lawn won.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Boink I sing that one myself while I mow, or this one "Mowing the lawn! Mowing the lawn!"

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
:smile: And in my current location (now 15 years), I don't have a single blade of grass!!!!!!!!!! Love it.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:smile: And in my current location (now 15 years), I don't have a single blade of grass!!!!!!!!!! Love it.
:thumbsup:

We've got a cover of oak trees, a grass "lawn" is next-to impossible. For the first twenty years (been here since '85) I was in denial and toiled to maintain a green lawn. Gave up and now we have a layer of oak leaves in place. Killed most all the grass. What little green there is consists mostly of "volunteer" weeds. Takes me about ten minutes with a weed-whacker to level that down to a uniform height.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I also struggled to maintain a croquet-sized lawn for the kids (when young). It looked grand, but I became a slave to it.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Mine is full of moss, clover, wild strawberries, crabgrass - even some real grass. Cut it short and nobody knows the difference - and it stays green in August without watering.

Country flag
Mine's the same way on one side and in front, due mostly I think to the constant shade from all the trees. As you note, not one really notices it. And I'm happy with it that way since the trees shade the house so even in the 90+ weather, keeps it from being uncomfortable inside.