• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Car show

STeve 1958

Jedi Hopeful
IMG_20190929_103438875.jpgShowed my car at a big car show in Livermore. It was almost all American muscle cars, so at first I felt out of place.
In the morning no-one paid any attention to my car. They were all the other entrants who were only interested in muscle.
Later when the public showed up, my car got more attention than most since it was the only Brit. there. Seems everyone over 50 years old, knew someone who had a TR3 in high school...etc.
Little kids loved it too because they felt that it fit their size better. Overall a fun experience.

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Yeh everybody loves them and has a story. Nice clean looking car Steve; a good example. My belief is the value will go up at least for a few more years. I hear the Ford model A and T have gone way down because nobody around cares anymore. But again, I think the tr3 and 2 might stay a true classic and will always be respected. Did you get those mirrors from the big 3 or go with the English ones, just curious for further reference.
steve

OP
S

STeve 1958

Jedi Hopeful
Those are real Lucas mirrors from England. Got the convex and really like them, at least the left one. The right one is hidden behind the dash mirror so it gets less use.

Crankshaft

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I participate in one show each year and we happened to win (totally under-deserved) best in class this year. The point of'this post however is that in 11 years of experience, the comments have changed from "my dad had one of those" to now " my grandpa had one"

OP
S

STeve 1958

Jedi Hopeful
I would have won best in class, if they had a class for cars less than 13 feet long with less than 500 hp. ;-). The closest thing to my car was a couple VW beetles and a 53 Jag with a blown V8 and corvette rear end.
Lots of fun though.

Gdub61TR3

Freshman Member
Glad you had a good experience, Steve. I've been going to Cars and Coffee in San Clemente. It's a nice 40 mile r/t with no freeways. Great excuse to go for a drive. Similar comments from the public...

Tr4aJim

Last year I went to a pre-1970 car show and my TR4a was the only foreign car there. Got a lot of nice comments though. However at trophy time, I was surprised to hear my number called. I had won for best foreign car! Best in a field of one!!:smile:

jim