Thread: Car show

Discussions of Triumph motor cars

Jedi Hopeful
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Car show

IMG_20190929_103438875.jpgShowed my car at a big car show in Livermore. It was almost all American muscle cars, so at first I felt out of place.
    In the morning no-one paid any attention to my car. They were all the other entrants who were only interested in muscle.
    Later when the public showed up, my car got more attention than most since it was the only Brit. there. Seems everyone over 50 years old, knew someone who had a TR3 in high school...etc.
    Little kids loved it too because they felt that it fit their size better. Overall a fun experience.

Yoda
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Re: Car show

Yeh everybody loves them and has a story. Nice clean looking car Steve; a good example. My belief is the value will go up at least for a few more years. I hear the Ford model A and T have gone way down because nobody around cares anymore. But again, I think the tr3 and 2 might stay a true classic and will always be respected. Did you get those mirrors from the big 3 or go with the English ones, just curious for further reference.
    steve

Jedi Hopeful
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Those are real Lucas mirrors from England. Got the convex and really like them, at least the left one. The right one is hidden behind the dash mirror so it gets less use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I participate in one show each year and we happened to win (totally under-deserved) best in class this year. The point of'this post however is that in 11 years of experience, the comments have changed from "my dad had one of those" to now " my grandpa had one"
    Phil

1960 TR3A TS74517L
    1930 Ford Town Sedan

Jedi Hopeful
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I would have won best in class, if they had a class for cars less than 13 feet long with less than 500 hp. ;-). The closest thing to my car was a couple VW beetles and a 53 Jag with a blown V8 and corvette rear end.
    Lots of fun though.

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad you had a good experience, Steve. I've been going to Cars and Coffee in San Clemente. It's a nice 40 mile r/t with no freeways. Great excuse to go for a drive. Similar comments from the public...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last year I went to a pre-1970 car show and my TR4a was the only foreign car there. Got a lot of nice comments though. However at trophy time, I was surprised to hear my number called. I had won for best foreign car! Best in a field of one!!

jim