• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General Tech ST Parts Manual

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Windows recently "upgraded" my OS and now I can't open the ST Factory Parts Manual pdf that I've relied on for years. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the manual is in the public domain and it irks me that I seem to have to pay someone to copy it. Anybody know of a source?
Tom

groupdeville

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
You might try downloading and using the "Foxit" PDF reader on your machine. Works on both Macs and Windows machines, and is a good backup to the factory-installed readers on both OS systems. Probably works on Linux as well.
After it's installed, right clock and look for "open with" and select Foxit.
You can also, of course, select Foxit to be your default PDF reader if you so choose.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Ok, the first link works from home, so I'll assume it works for others.

Tom, I suggest you download the file to your hard drive, in case I lose my storage or whatever. It should work fine with either Acrobat Reader (which is a free download from Adobe and should run on any version of Windoze), or the built-in reader.

Let me know if you find any problems. I have tried to "upgrade" it in a few places, with additional drawings and parts listings from other sources, but there is much more that could be done. So you might check back from time to time, for any improvements.

There's a fair number of other manuals available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2H2NJt34OffMDVmOTZlZWItYTcyMy00ZDhkLTliOWEtOWU1OWRhNDZhYmRl

Last edited:
OP
TomMull

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Randall. I think I got the last one from your source.
Tom

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
The one you got from me didn't work with the latest Windows? I'll have to look into that. It is built to an older Acrobat standard (I'm still running Acrobat 9), but I've not heard of any problems reading it with newer versions.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
The one you got from me didn't work with the latest Windows? I'll have to look into that. It is built to an older Acrobat standard (I'm still running Acrobat 9), but I've not heard of any problems reading it with newer versions.

I just got a new computer last week with win10 and it has Acrobat 19 on it and has no problem reading that file.

OP
TomMull

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag

I think I got it from you but my memory is not particularly reliable. The fact that the file became unreadable after the update might have been a coincidence or something else I did. The new file, from the link above works fine. Thanks yet again.
Tom

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Ok, I won't worry about it then. Thanks for the feedback.