• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thanks for adding me to the forum.

Gdub61TR3

Freshman Member
Owner of a 1961 Triumph TR4A, Signal Red. Hoping to gain some info on the care and maintenance of my British car.
Car is #TS75517L , Engine is #TS75639E. Built May 1960.

Attachments

• Modjeska Grade 01 9-2-19.jpg
    Modjeska Grade 01 9-2-19.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
You've come to the right place, we'll give you all the information you can stand and then some :smile:

Just a suggestion: It can be helpful if you add your car's particulars (commission number) to your signature. Contrary to common belief, they aren't all the same! And the year designation doesn't always tell the story, since the majority of TR3 changes did not happen at model year boundaries. Plus, the dealers were known to alter the model year, so it's at least possible that your "61" was actually made in 59, before the whole slew of small changes that happened at TS60001.

Welcome to the asylum.

PS, in case you don't have it, this is a good place to start on maintenance procedures. Several things are different than what it says in the workshop manual.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2H2NJt34OffNjQ4MTkyNjItZTVmYi00M2U2LWJhYWUtMjEyZDgxMzUyNzUw

(Suggest you download a copy, in case I lose my storage or whatever. Let me know if you find any problems.)

OP
G

Gdub61TR3

Freshman Member
Thanks for reaching out, Randall. I've edited my post to include the info you suggested. The PO was kind enough to include the manual. The online version is handy, thanks. Took possession in June. Looks good and is a great driver.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Country flag
Welcome!!