• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New guy here

thinman

Freshman Member
After a 46 year absence from British cars which included a 63 XKE roadster, 57 TR3, 58 TR3 and a 59 Healey 100-6 in that order, I find myself in my garage cursing and skinning my knuckles on a recently purchased amateur restoration TR4. After three Alfas, four Audis, four Volvos and nineteen VWs it was time to get something I can actually tinker on. It is a 1962 model titled in 1964 and so far just been shaking it down. Previous owner did not tighten things too much so its been repositioning and finally tightening fuel line clamps, exhaust clamps, dash switches and so on. Now if I can just get the seats to move. An enthusiast since I was 13, still have the sickness. Look forward to delving into the forums here for much needed info and assistance. Oh, finally retired.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the forum, Thinman! You have come to the right place to share frustrations, seek help, offer help, etc for your TR4! Be sure to also pop into the Triumph forum here and say hello - great bunch of folks there!

Oh, and sorry again for the slight delay getting you approved so you could post.

Basil

Country flag
Welcome to the Forum!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Thinman

Welcome to the forum.

The Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips, help, and advice for your TR4 project there.

David