• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

We're making improvements

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
At the top of my online banking account when I logged in.

[FONT=Foundation Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We're making improvements to your online experience. Some features may be unavailable on 9/29/19 from 1 AM to 5 AM ET, and again on 9/30/19 from 1 AM to 4 AM ET.[/FONT]

Translation: Now that you know how to navigate this website, we're going to completely change it so you have to start all over again learning how to get around.[FONT=Foundation Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My bank was no better. When you signed up for online banking you were asked to select a picture of an object from their online library.
Since I referee soccer, I chose a soccer ball. When logging in you were shown the "picture" that you selected as a confirmation you were logging into your account.
About 6-8 months later when I logged on there was no picture of a soccer ball on my login page. I stopped the login process and called my local branch. They had no idea about the online banking and told me to call their main office in Rhode Island. I called only to find out that they decided to do away with the "picture" without notifying the customers. Poor customer service, poor.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The credit union that we belonged to in CA had an item in
their monthly newsletter that was included with the monthly
statement that said "GO PAPERLESS".A little further down,it
said "You might want to back this up with a paper copy".

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The paperless thing is a total joke, IMO. With the advance of the "computer age" and with "Save the Trees" in the rearview mirror, the personal computer did more to sell REAMS of paper and fell more trees than any of the fast food and retail stores ever did. Georgia Pacific isn't going away any time soon.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
OH, and let's not forget the thousands of unrequested catalogs that show up in our mailboxes...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
In the case of our insurance they rolled out the 'paperless' last June - I haven't checked recently but they hadn't actually completed the online product so you couldn't register.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
OH, and let's not forget the thousands of unrequested catalogs that show up in our mailboxes...

Every time I collect my mail, in most cases most of it is junk mail. Catalogs, "pre-approved" loans, invitations to free lunch to hear about time shares, YUCK!

Country flag
You forgot retirement planning lunches, Medicare presentations, investment consulting, the "I buy houses for cash", and on and on. Some weeks I fill a trash can with just this junk.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Whenever I can, Iโ€™ll take their postage free envelope and put the contents of their junk mail back in and send it back to them.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
When I registered my car trailer,I somehow ended up with a
paperless title.I'd been trying to get a paper title from California for
almost two years.The paperwork has been sent back & forth,& back -
& forth with something additional always asked for.
When I went back to Eureka (CA),I realized that I could go into
dmv while I was there.It took about twenty minutes,& I received a paper
title within two weeks.
I have no idea why I ever agreed to that.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Every time I see an online site claiming "improvement" it usually translates into "you can no longer use this site until you buy a new computer/os/browser". Except for a few stray forums like this one that can still be used with equipment I actually have, I've pretty much given up on the internet. They keep changing everything so much that my perfectly functional machines can no longer be used and I'm expected to just throw them away and buy new ones.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag