• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member - Atlanta Area - 1974 TR6

timg

Freshman Member
Hi All,

I've just joined. I've got a 1974 Triumph TR6 with ~50k miles. My dad bought it new in 1974 and used it to commute in Boston. When they moved recently, he passed it down to me. The car is mostly original and unrestored, but does have some modifications (sports exhaust, rear springs, and tube shocks). I have some minor maintenance to do (Steering rack bushings + spring spacers in the rear), but overall it's in great shape. It's now sharing a garage with my other cars, including a 2004 Honda S2000 that I bought new. The idea/strategy behind both was similar. We were young, didn't have kids, and bought the least practical cars we could before it was too late. My S2000 was my daily driver in Denver for a while, and I even had snow tires on it and drove it in deep snow. Now that I'm in Atlanta, the roads aren't nearly as fun, but the weather is better for certain parts of the year. Once I get the lifts in, I should be able to post a newer picture showing the TR6 sitting over the S2000. The attached picture is from 2006 in front of my parents old house in South Dakota.

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_1130edit.jpg
    IMG_1130edit.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 21

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard Tim! Could once little cars you have there! Be sure to pop in at the Triumph forum here and say hello there as well.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Looks great and welcome! Great community too, My wife and I are both Columbia Seminary alum - and downtown Decatur is one of our favourite places. (and love the Farmer's Market!)

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Tim

Welcome to the forum

The Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of help and advice for your TR6 projects.

David