• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

AMCO/MG Mitten Catalog?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Mornin', Guys!

I have a new-in-the-box set of AMCO side curtain covers for the Victor TF I'm building. They look like they will fit the TF frames that I have, but I'd like to verify that they're for a TF. There's a shipping label inside from MG Mitten, and I'm assuming they were bought from them. If so their catalog may have listed it, using AMCO's numbering. Don't remember whether AMCO had its own catalog... Tried searching online but came up empty.

Anyway, the number stamped on one of the outside edges of the carton is 4534. If anyone here has a reference listing and can tell me what that number signifies (if anything...), I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,
Mickey

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
ISTR AMCO products were only distributed through outfits like Marion's MG Mitten nd Oscar's Auto World catalogs. I don't remember ever seeing AMCO in a dedicated catalog... but we're talking some number of decades betwixt then and now. And I'm OLD now. :smirk:

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks, Tom - will do!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Doc -

My recollection as well. I worked at an import parts store in Metairie LA waaaay back when, and we stocked AMCO accessories. Seems like there was a catalog, but it may have been available only to stores/dealers.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Doc -

My recollection as well. I worked at an import parts store in Metairie LA waaaay back when, and we stocked AMCO accessories. Seems like there was a catalog, but it may have been available only to stores/dealers.

Yup. Had an independent import parts shop in Hampton, VA, back in the early '70's that had AMCO goods and Beck Arnley, along with Lockheed, Bendix, Lucas, etc. Those days are gone, Bro.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Place I worked was a Beck Arnley dealer as well. Muffler bearings were the hot ticket item... :friendly_wink: