• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Baseball Hats - Why Pay

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Why is it that companies who have hats with their logo on them want to charge you for a hat advertising their product? I refuse to pay to advertise someone else's product. Car club hats are different, as long as the profits benefit the club I'll buy one, also charity groups. I know people do it all the time, pay for a vendors hat. I hate to be a party p_oper but, I think it's only fair for the vendors not only give you a hat, but pay you a fee for advertising for them! :uncomfortableness: :greedy_dollars::encouragement:

It's only fair!

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Because "fair" has little or nothing to do with "good business".

Obviously plenty of people are willing to pay for the privilege of being a walking billboard; so why should the company pay them?

Companies want to maximize profits. Being nice to customers is only one ploy to increase profits; a side effect of the main goal.

And I sure wouldn't pick a supplier based on whether they gave me a free hat or not.

Lastly, in some cases, it's actually forbidden to accept gifts (like hats with logos). One of my previous employers was very strict about such matters, technically even the box of Xmas cookies one of our suppliers sent out each year as a "thank you" was against the rules. The supplier was directed to stop sending free cookies (and did). But I could have bought a box of cookies from them (if they sold cookies).

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Last cap I got that had an ad on it was a Hornaday hat I got for free when buying some reloading supplies at H&H in OKC. I like it because it is missing the button on top most have so it isn't uncomfortable to wear ear protection with.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Last cap I got that had an ad on it was a Hornaday hat I got for free when buying some reloading supplies at H&H in OKC. I like it because it is missing the button on top most have so it isn't uncomfortable to wear ear protection with.

The only hat I wear is my last remaining "boonie hat". Works as a brass deflector beenie, rain hat and sun bonnet. Logos? Naah. My Aircrew wings, the Viet Nam Service Ribbon array on front, POW/MIA pin on one side, Military Airlift Command pin on the other.

We do have a couple black "ball cap" hats given to us when attending a sponsored range event, the Walther logo patch on front.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The only hat I wear is my last remaining "boonie hat". Works as a brass deflector beenie, rain hat and sun bonnet. Logos? Naah. My Aircrew wings, the Viet Nam Service Ribbon array on front, POW/MIA pin on one side, Military Airlift Command pin on the other.

We do have a couple black "ball cap" hats given to us when attending a sponsored range event, the Walther logo patch on front.

I have too many hats. Lots of Baseball caps that I've collected over the years (haven't paid for any with company advertising, but have picked up a few freebies).

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Just after I bought my John Deere lawn tractor, the company sent me a green cap and a sun top. I also get two baseball caps a year from signing up with the US Golf Association.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Here's one some of you old heads may recognize/ remember.
MG_Hat.jpg

Attachments

• MG_Hat.jpg
    MG_Hat.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 11

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I still have mine too - a memory from when I stopped by & visited Tony.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
No hat from Tony but the MG here is alive and well, wearing some parts he sent me. I miss the 'phone conversations and the tรชte-ร -tรชte on the forum with him.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Amazing, I was thinking of him a couple days ago, he has surly been missed. PJ