• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Everyone knows you can restore a car in a week.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I saw it on TV.

OTOH this is a little more plausible - and kind of fun. Though I won't tell Mrs. JP on account O she might think it is a more appropriate direction for my hobby to take.

[video=youtube;2oItVSuznIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1128&v=2oItVSuznIE[/video]

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Just about the same time and effort as the life-size stuff, but ya can't get in and drive it after all that work.

dklawson

Yoda
4 years ago my father-in-law was gifted a VW based kit car (Gazelle... "Mercedes"). The car had been parked in a warehouse for 20 years and really was a "ran when parked" car. He asked how long it would take to get the car on the road. I told him 1-1/2 years and he looked at me in disbelief. 18 months later he was finally driving the car... just in time to sell it and move into a retirement community.

20 years ago I bought my Mini. At the time, Matchbox was selling a diecast Mini that was sort-of correct. I decided to buy the Matchbox, "correct" a couple of liberties they had taken, and paint it in my car's colors. That took about a week of evening tinkering. I still like the way it turned out. There is a lot of satisfaction fixing toys, and if you make a mistake, most people won't know or care!