• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ok, NOW, I've heard everything...

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Really? Guess that is why the new generation is scared of everything. Next: Shadow support? My brother in law won't step in the Gulf, afraid, doesn't want to be in the food chain.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Really? Guess that is why the new generation is scared of everything. Next: Shadow support? My brother in law won't step in the Gulf, afraid, doesn't want to be in the food chain.

Speaking of phobias - mine is spiders. Woke up this morning with a wood spider crawling on my right am. Yelled like a little girl, jumped out of bed, but hey....

got the spider.jpg

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
B-I-L afraid of spiders, snakes, raccoons, and coyotes. Lives on 5 acres in country, won't go out at night. I'm not bothered too much about wildlife, grew up summers on a farm. Maybe they have support for that too?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
B-I-L afraid of spiders, snakes, raccoons, and coyotes. Lives on 5 acres in country, won't go out at night. I'm not bothered too much about wildlife, grew up summers on a farm. Maybe they have support for that too?

I'm not bothered by "most" wildlife. Snakes don't bother me. Even tarantulas don't bother me (even had one as a pet). But spiders (other than big fuzzy tarantulas) do bother me. It probably goes back to a vivid memory I have as a small child of a HUGE black widow that was on the door of our shed back in West Virginia.

Terrance the Tarantula (RIP):
Terrence Spider.jpg

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I found a couple black widows, while in high school. I shoved them in a jar and scared the stuffings out of Mom. Started yelling and screaming. Was in our firewood. Took them to school and science teacher killed them.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I found a couple black widows, while in high school. I shoved them in a jar and scared the stuffings out of Mom. Started yelling and screaming. Was in our firewood. Took them to school and science teacher killed them.

I was probably 4 years old when I had my traumatic run-in. Scarred my lil' psyche for life :scared:

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Emotional support...clown?

I wonder ... "emotional support" may have been a ruse, an excuse to present what he thought of the management that was laying him off. "Circus" would certainly be a polite term for what I frequently thought of my management.

Actually not a bad idea, I wish I'd thought of it!

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I wonder ... "emotional support" may have been a ruse, an excuse to present what he thought of the management that was laying him off. "Circus" would certainly be a polite term for what I frequently thought of my management.

Actually not a bad idea, I wish I'd thought of it!

I had that same thought. Great minds...