• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member from Lexington Kentucky

JoeO

Freshman Member
Country flag
Greetings fellow forum members... I'm in the process of restoring a Triumph TR3B. I have been at it for a few years as time permits. Currently testing out retirement. Initially thought this phase of my life I would have LOTS for time for this hobby.. Not the case so far.. But after a few major projects around the house I think more time can be dedicated to the restoration..

Cheers
Joe Otero

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Joe - welcome to BCF. I thought the same thing about retirement - all the time in the world. But that time sure gets filled up fast. Hint: don't just retire *from* something; retire *into* something new.

What got you interested in the TR3 cars? Beatrice - interesting name!

Tom M.

OP
JoeO

JoeO

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hey Tom,

I've always been into cars. Especially sports cars. For me the styling of the TR3 represents true art from a bygone era..

Last edited:
OP
JoeO

JoeO

Freshman Member
Country flag
Not sure whats going on.. Photo uploads are failing for me... I'm using Firefox which should not cause an issue.. I get a popup dialog which states upload failed.. no reason is conveyed.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Not sure whats going on.. Photo uploads are failing for me... I'm using Firefox which should not cause an issue.. I get a popup dialog which states upload failed.. no reason is conveyed.

Probably too large a file size - be sure the file you are uploading is less than 3MB (that's a server limit not a forum limit). Try re-sizing a copy of your image.

OP
JoeO

JoeO

Freshman Member
Country flag
Probably too large a file size - be sure the file you are uploading is less than 3MB (that's a server limit not a forum limit). Try re-sizing a copy of your image.

Bingo... resized a profile photo and all is well.. Thanks Basil!

OP
JoeO

JoeO

Freshman Member
Country flag
I'm sure the file size criteria is documented somewhere if I had bothered to look.. :smile:

20151010_151100M.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Bingo... resized a profile photo and all is well.. Thanks Basil!

When you first upload, it puts the image in as a thumbnail. If you double-click the image (before you save your post) you get a popup, like this one. Just select "Center, Large" as seen and click ok and it will make the image a proper size. I fixed yours for you.

View attachment 60509

OP
JoeO

JoeO

Freshman Member
Country flag
When you first upload, it puts the image in as a thumbnail. If you double-click the image (before you save your post) you get a popup, like this one. Just select "Center, Large" as seen and click ok and it will make the image a proper size. I fixed yours for you.

Awesome... thanks for the tip Basil.. Much appreciated!
View attachment 60509