• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Time to get the Healey on the road

Turicum 44

Freshman Member
Country flag
After resting for many years it is time to get working on my 62 3000. Bought it from a good friend in the mid 70s and unfortunately burned a piston within a few months.
Pulled and rebuilt the engine and started working on the gearbox when life intervened.
The car has sat since then but I am now starting to look for gearbox parts of a new gearbox.

The car has some interesting aspects including an aluminum removable fastback hard top and used to stop traffic back in the day.
It deserves to be back out in the sun.

I have considered replacing the gearbox with a MGC box I have and have also looked at going the Toyota route so any thoughts people have out there would be welcomed.

Not sure how to attach a photo but will post some when I can.

Cheers, Hale

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! very interested in a picture of the top!

You live in an amazing place to drive all year round

OP
T

Turicum 44

Freshman Member
Country flag
AH.jpg
healey1.jpg
Just sorted out how to upload photos.
The standard boot lid fits into top. It takes about 1/2 hour to go from convertible to coupe.

We live a few blocks off the highway that goes from the east side of Vancouver Island to the west side so it gives a few minutes warm-up before we are on a very interesting road.
We have only been here for a few years after moving from Vancouver but have been surprised by the amount of snow we have had in the winter -- so not quite all year driving.
Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That's about the coolest thing I've ever seen! Welcome to BCF!

By the way, I fixed your pictures so they show up larger and not as thumbnails. When you upload an image to a thread, it first gets put in the post as a small thumbnail. However, if you double click the thumbnail before you save your post, you will get a pop up window that will let you resize. Select alignment: center and size: large

Cheers,
Basil

OP
T

Turicum 44

Freshman Member
Country flag
Many thanks Basil.
We built the top back in the late 60s.
My buddy who owned the car at the time designed the top, another friend did the metal work (the top is made up of 50 of more small hand formed panels) and I turned the wrenches on the car prior to buying it.
Time to get my butt in gear and turn some wrenches again.
Cheers,

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Many thanks Basil.
We built the top back in the late 60s.
My buddy who owned the car at the time designed the top, another friend did the metal work (the top is made up of 50 of more small hand formed panels) and I turned the wrenches on the car prior to buying it.
Time to get my butt in gear and turn some wrenches again.
Cheers,

That top looks like it could be factory!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
top looks amazing! thanks for the pics and, again, welcome

Country flag
Welcome, love the top!