Thread: Potential New Project

Discuss the Austin Healey Sprite and the MG Midget. Two different but similar cars sometimes referred to collectively as the Spridget.

Luke Skywalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Potential New Project

Good day all.

I have been off the site for quite a while.
    So here's the deal.

I may be about to start a new project with a beautiful yellow Bugeye. Paint and bodywork immaculately completed by B Rod and Custom in Knoxville five or six years ago for a friend who never had the time to complete the project.

Problem is that I need to clean out garage space. I have three abandoned project cars that need to go. Two Bugeyes and a 1966 Sprite. I am about to post them on the typical sites. I will be asking $3500 for the lot.
    Ray N. Evans
    Oak Ridge, Tennessee

1966 Sprite HAN8 60603

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Potential New Project

Ray,

Welcome Back. Exciting to know that you are back among the BE Community once again. Hoping that life's hurdles are in your rear view mirror. I just got a quote on beautiful paintwork for Bugsy 2 weeks ago. $8,000. After doing a complete spit take the decision was immediately made, I'm painting Bugsy myself.

Sounds like you've got enough spare part and a donor for Disc Brake Upgrade and maybe a larger A Series engine. Congrats again and welcome back.
    Jim Gruber - Apollo Beach, FL
    Bugsy I - '68 Sprite w BE Bonnet - Gone but not forgotten
    Bugsy IV - '60 Bugeye - 1,275+.040 and a 5-Speed - CA Car - 2nd Owner from new - 10/12 Painting done, reassembly, cutting, and buffing in progress.

Jedi Warrior
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ray:

What a wonderful surprise!

Whitephrog never made it to Europe. I got re-directed to Saudi Arabia to work on Yemen for a few years (and the car went to storage) and I just arrived in Barbados a week ago. The car will likely ship next week or the week after. Barbados is the traditional right hand drive country. I purchased all the items for a RHD conversion, including a plastic RHD dash. By any chance might you have a RHD metal dash? I'm considering the RHD conversion, but doing electrical grounds on a plastic dash seems problematic.

Welcome back. I'm so happy to hear from you.

Mike Pennell

Luke Skywalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mike

I don't have anything RHD. Here's one on eBay UK.....very pricey.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Healey-Frogeye-Sprite-Dashboard/113734324031?hash=item1a7b180f3f:g:8dMAAOSw5cNYkN4 a
    Ray N. Evans
    Oak Ridge, Tennessee

1966 Sprite HAN8 60603