• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

mhumphries

Freshman Member
Country flag
I just bought a 1973 TR6 that is an exact twin of one I purchased new in 1973. I put 105K miles on that car and kept it until 14 years ago. This year I discovered I wanted another one. Searching the last six months I found one in LA and bought it end of July. 103K miles. Mimosa and chestnut. NOS factory top. It had five perfect looking Michelin X red stripes with all tread. But they are 12 years old.

Drove it 300 miles to my home near SF. I bought it to take on pre 1975 rallies of 2-3 days each. I do 4-5 a year plus many one day events.

Driving this one one is a time machine for me because it is identical to the one I owned for30 years and 105K miles.

I got new 205/15R red stripe radials. New braided brake hoses and pads. New Hella headlights. Changed all the fluids. Bypassed the clogged PCV valve. And installed red LED taillight bulbs. It was shocking how dim the stock bulbs made the taillights in today’s lit up highway world. Now I’m visible at night and I can see ahead as well.

The suspension is very tired but drivable. I’m taking it on a three day rally in northern CA starting Saturday. All pre 75 cars. The famous California Melee.

My plan is to rehab the suspension first and then probably an engine rebuild next. The rest of the car is in pretty decent shape. But lots of small items to keep me busy after that.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Mhumphries

Welcome to the forum

The Triumph section is very active so you will get plenty of tips, help and advice for your TR6 as you rehab the suspension and engine.
Post some photos of the Rally.

David