• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Stolen Austin Healey

oldbagpipe

Country flag
Stolen Austin Healey ^^^LOCATED***

I just returned from our Portland event. The event started out on a very sour note:
***URGENT*** ONE OF OUR RACING FRIENDS HAD THEIR VAN, TRAILER AND RACECAR STOLEN FROM OUTSIDE THEIR HOTEL IN PORTLAND, OR NEAR THE AIRPORT LAST NIGHT. ITS A LIFTED FORD ECONOLINE VAN WITH A SMALLER ENCLOSED TRAILER. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT. PICTURE IS OF THE RACECAR, 2014 FORD ECONOLINE 4X4 VAN WA PLATE#AWA9308, TRAILER WA PLATE#84555AB ***URGENT***
I don't know how to post photos here so here is a link to our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157719667898708&set=p.10157719667898708&type=3&theater

Please be alert.

LOCATED!!!

Van, trailer, and race car have been located. Still missing some personal items and the hood from the race car. Thank you to all that kept an eye out. We have a very happy driver and whole race community!!!

Last edited:

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
stolen.jpg

OP
oldbagpipe

oldbagpipe

Country flag
Brad Shinn current.jpg
Thank you! This was his Novice year and he was really doing well. Really nice young man who is totally broken right now. Current number is #62 (ran #162 last event due to multiple entrants with same number)

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
This really sucks and is not a reflection of what we normally see in Portland. I just had a client's work van taken. One of his emplyees spotted it at a nearby hotel, called the cops and caught the guy with multiple stolen license plates, stolen ID's and drugs. Police thought the purp was working the I-5 corridor from Cali to BC stealing vans and trucks runining them back the Cali & maybe Mexico......ugh.

Bob_Spidell

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
What's up, Up There? Between right- and left-wingers battling in the streets and stuff like this, has 'Portlandia' gone away?

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Quiet safe places are targets for criminals. I live in that kind of area. We experienced a week where dozens of kayaks were stolen. Never recovered. Protect everything no matter where it is

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
If they want your car bad enough, they'll get it. Client of mine had his Corvette stolen twice - once parked at the dealers, the second time flatbedded out of his driveway. Recovered both times but he sold the car.

Bob_Spidell

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
A few years ago there was an 'APB' put out on the email list for a black Nasty Boy racer and trailer that had been boosted somewhere in the Bay Area. A couple weeks later I was in Alameda in my then-GF's car, with her driving and I thought for sure I saw the car. I tried to get her to turn around and chase it, but her boxcar of a Lexus SUV wasn't up to it (nor was she, TBH). Never heard if the car was ever returned.

OP
oldbagpipe

oldbagpipe

Country flag

LOCATED!!! :applause:

Van, trailer, and race car have been located. Still missing some personal items and the hood from the race car. Thank you to all that kept an eye out. We have a very happy driver and whole race community!!!

mgtf328

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
He has my sympathy, I know how he feels. My Seat Cupra was stolen last Saturday night from the driveway at 8:30pm. Just walked in through the back door when we were watching TV and made off with the car, some cash and the keys to my Porsche which was in the garage. We were worried they would return for the Porsche as they also had the house and garage keys but they haven't tried it so far. There were two of them, cars caught arriving and leaving on CCTV but not enough definition to identify them. On reflection I'm glad I didn't hear them, could have got really hurt. I have lived in this quiet neighbourhood for 35 years, never realised how vulnerable we were. The place is like Fort Knox now but I can hear the horses clip clopping down the road! It's a real PITA having to lock the doors every time you go through them. Wonder how long that will last???

AJ

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Spoke to Tom Monaco of Tom's Import Toys on another matter. He had heard the stolen outfit was located nearby in Washington.

Hopefully someone local can report on this. I'm curious if reporting on Facebook/Internet had any affect on the recovery. The people who reported the theft need to report back on the resolution.