• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

From Out of the Blue!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yesterday I received a PM from one of our own, "TR3pilot", asking if I might have owned and sold a '57 TR3 a while back - 13/14 years?. He recently bought one and was looking for info on it. I sent him a note back affirming, and gave the VIN and color combo of the one I restored and then sold on ebay. He wrote back - BINGO! - the very same!

We exchanged email addresses and phone numbers, and he gave me a call. Had a great conversation, filling me in on where it has been and his impressions of it. I'll be sending him some pictures that I still have, along with a copy of the British Motor Heritage Certificate that I acquired.

I'd been wondering what became of the car for quite a while, as I'd lost contact info on the buyer long ago. In fact, just a couple days ago I did a Google search on the VIN to no avail. And then this happened!

One more note of thanks to Basil for this forum!

Attachments

• 20190906_140247.jpg
    20190906_140247.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 22

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Wow - out of the blue indeed!

How the heck did he know to ask you about the car? Your signature line doesn't even refer to a TR!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks, guys.

Not sure how he knew, but glad he got in touch. Hard not to wax nostalgic about it, but even though it was/is a great car, after I'd restored it and had it a while it just didn't "speak" to me like I thought it would.