• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

So, you want your car back?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Not a pretty picture. Per Car and Driver, Chicago (among other cities) is trying to squeeze as much out of vehicle impoundment and forfeiture as possible.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a28776512/impounded-cars-chicago/

Chicago yard.jpg

eek

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I know someone who was in the NY City taxi business. He told me that his drivers would pick-up their cars and take them out for their shift. Many times the drivers would stop for dinner or lunch and park the taxis illegally. When they came out of the restaurant and could not find the taxi they never called or returned to the taxi garage. My friend would report the car as "stolen". After a week or so the police would find it in the NYC impound lot since the car was towed from an illegal parking spot and not stolen. By the time they found the taxi in the impound lot the per diem amount due was astronomical. An added insult was that the entire time the taxi was in the impound lot it was not generating income. A lose/lose situation!